Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#63806] Margit Viktoria Jakobsen, what happened to her?

Gjest Mary Laura Keys
 Del

Gjest Mary Laura Keys

I am looking for my grandmother's niece, Margit Viktoria Jakobsen, born in Kristiania in 1910. She was living with her aunt, Marie Kristoffersen (Edvard) in 1917 (when her mother, Akseline Jakobsen, died of TB. They lived at Schaefersgt 9. Is there any record of her after that date, or perhaps a death record since her mother died of TB? Her father, Otto Marinius Jakobsen, was in Akeburg prison at the time of her mother's death. I would also like to know what became of him. Mange takk

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kristinn Hegna

Hi,I have not found any Margit Victoria born 1910 with any surname in the register of cemetaries in Norway, nor any Margit Victoria Jakobsen in the list of emigrants from Norway. Neither have I found her father or mother in the cemetaries.I may have found her father before he was married - in prison i Oslo in 1901 [url="http://digitalarkivet.no/cgi-win/WebCens.exe?slag=visbase&sidenr=2&filnamn=f00301&gardpostnr=5458&personpostnr=143611&merk=143611#ovre>Lenke or at sea

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Vigdis Skaar Nygaard

If you have church records from her birth and her mother's funeral with page number, we could help you with links here. I think a full birth date is necessary for further 'hunting'. And I suppose you are interested if Margit Victoria had descendants.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Mary Laura Keys

To Kristinn Hegna and Vigdis Skaar Nygaard:Otto Jakobsen was born November 30, 1880 in Tangen, Drammen. He was baptized in January 1881 and confirmed in Stromsoe in 1895. His father was Ole Jakobsen, a seaman, and his mother was Gunhild Marie Larsdater of Tangen. In the 1900 census,he is in jail. He is also in the state jail at Akeberg at the time of Akseline's death in 1917 (February). I assume he married Akseline between 1900 and 1910, bfore the birth of Margit. Mimmi, Margit's sister, was born in 1913 and came to America to live with my grandmother, Laura Larsen, in 1918. I don't know why grandma only brought one sister here.I don't know if the Otto listed at sea is the same one. The birthplace and father's name are different.Margit Viktoria was born on January 3, 1910, according to one census, and March 1, 1910 in the 1917 census, when she was living with Edvart and Lina Marie Christoffersen, Otto's sister. I believe the March 1 date to be accurate. She was baptized on February 26, 1911, sometime after her birth. I have no other information about Margit. I assume she was born in Akershus County.Axeline (Asceline) died February 16th, 1917 in the city hospital. At that time she lived at Herslebsgate 10 with my grandmother and my father, Henry Halvorsen. (Death register. Protocol Kristiania, January 1917-October 1918. Dept.1/B9, pg. 16, no. 236.) I have no information about their marriage date or what happened to Otto after she died. I do not know WHY he was in jail. Perhaps someone could help me with that. Thank you for your help. Mary Keys

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hi Mary, '(Death register. Protocol Kristiania, January 1917-October 1918. Dept.1/B9, pg. 16, no. 236.)' Is this information from the police or probate registry? Otherwise it seems you have left out the name of the congregation here. And when you say 1917 census, does it mean from the above mentioned protocol? I don't know of any 1917 census.Where in Oslo did Edvard and Lina Marie Christoffersen live? In what church was Margit Viktoria baptized?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Mary Laura Keys

Vigdis, if you can send me your e-mail address, I can forward some of the documents another poster has sent to me regarding Axeline's death, Otto's imprisonment and Margit's address in 1918. She's not in the 1921 census but the other three people living there in 1918 are listed. Mange takk, Mary

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hi again,At the moment I am not so keen on letting my e-postadress out openly. Was this family debated here under what number? I could have a look.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I have now been looking through all of Oslo's baptism records I think, and finally found MARGIT VIKTORIA in Jacob church, born March 1 1910, bapt. Feb 26 1911 Lenke

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Mary Laura Keys

If you would feel comfortable writing to me at my e-mail address, I wouldn't mind posting it. I do understand why you might not want to.I got some information from the Norway Heritage site, and also some from the Rootsweb Norway site. This is the first time I have been on this site.Yes, that's Margit Viktoria. Thank you. I looked it over and could read most of it but the part where I believe it shows where they lived at the time, I can't read. It has a number 6 after it.Margit was in the 1918 census with the Christoffersens, but not in the 1921 census. She would only have been about 11 years old then. I wonder if she died or moved in with another relative. I would love to trace her to see if she has descendants in Norway. Since her mother had TB, she also could have contracted it and died at a later date. Perhaps that's why she couldn't come to America with her sister. I just don't know.Is there any way we can find out what happened to her father, Otto? He seems to have disappeared after 1917 in jail at Akeburg. I don't know if he got out soon after or if he died there or what happened to him. He doesn't seem to have been too good a man! I have no idea when or even if they ever married.Thank you so much for your help. Mary

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

It might not be the easiest thing to trace Margit. If she lived and married you need her new surname, I think. But first step is to search the churh records where she lived in 1918 for burials 1918-1921. If you give me your email, I will have a look at the address.At the time of her baptism the family lived at Korsgaten. Margit is listed as 'ægte' - meaning she is born within 'ægteskap' - marriage, and her mother as h - 'hustru' - wife. Maybe they got married during the long period from her birth till she was baptized.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Mary Laura Keys

My email is marylkeys@yahoo.com. Thank you for finding out what you have. It seems like many members of my family had children out of wedlock, including my present generations. I'll check this out. Mary

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Mary Laura Keys

I can't believe I missed their wedding date here. I tried to write everything down as I got it. Thanks for pointing that out to me. Margit was born quite a while after they were married in 1904. She was born in 1910 and her sister, Mimmi, was born in 1913. Maybe he was always at sea (smile).

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hi again Mary,As I said you have got a lot of information on Norway Heritage pages. I think mostly everything is there that you are referring to. But I am mailing you so I can get the 1921 records. I searched Jacob and Petrus church records for Margits eventual death without matches. But these records don't go on very long.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

During the last days I have searched several of the churchbooks where I assumed to find Axeline and MARGIT VIKTORIA JACOBSEN. After I had found Axelines death record (15), I just decided to look for Margit in the same list and then finally found her dead in January 1921 from bronchitis. [url="http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=1839&idx_id=1839&idx_listetype=bg&idx_kjonn=b&uid=ny&idx_side=-23>LenkeMary also wanted to know what happened to Margit's dad, and since there was this cross in her record, it seemed he was dead. Otto M. Jacobsen died 1918

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ron Berg-Iverson

Vigdis and Mary if you look at the address for Otto and Margit in their death records it appears to be the same so possibly they did live together?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.