Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#64045] Need help in English please

Gjest AJ Halla
 Del

Is there someone that can tell me what the column headings on the parish records say? Between the handwriting and the language barrier I'm having a rough time. For example, I'm looking at the Hedmark (Ringsaker) parish register for males born in 1842 (page 22.) Thanks to anyone who can help.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Torodd Kinn

Den opgivne Fødselsdatum = Date of birth given (by parents etc.)Daabsdatum = Date of baptismBarnets fulde Navn = Full name of the childDets Forældres fulde Navn, borgerlige Stilling og Opholdssted = Its parents' full names, occupation and residenceDets Fadderes Navne = Its godparents' namesOm og af hvem hjemmedøbt = Whether, and by whom, (the child has been) baptized at home... and then there's a column stating who provided the information about illegitimate children. The last column is for other remarks. I don't know what the remarks refer to.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Tore S. Falch

Here is a link to the page in the parish register from Ringsaker - LenkeThe first column: ''Den opgivne Fødselsdatum'' = The reported date of birth.The second column: ''Daabsdatum'' = The date of baptism.The third column: ''Barnets fulde Navn'' = The child's full name.The fourth column: ''Om ægte eller uægte'' = Legitimate or illegitimate.The fifth column: ''Dets Forældres fulde Navn, borgerlige Stilling og Opholdssted'' = Its parents' full names, civil position, and place of residence.The sixth column: ''Dets Fadderes Navne'' = Its godparents' names.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Tore S. Falch

I wouldn't be surprised if your surname originates in Ringsaker. This forum is constantly visited by plenty of skilled and helpful genealogists, so don't hesitate to ask should you need any assistance in tracing your Norwegian ancestry, be it in Ringsaker or elsewhere!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Yes, my family lived in Ringsaker on the Halla ovre farm until about 1885 when they left for South Dakota. This website has been so helpful, I just wish my Norwegian translating abilities were a lot better!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.