Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#64143] Tomas Pedersen, father of Katinka Eline By

Gjest Kristen Åkre
 Del

Gjest Kristen Åkre

I am trying to locate the birth/baptismal (or confirmation) record of Tomas Pedersen, listed as the father of Katinka Eline By (see link below). I know Katinka's mother, Ane Johanna Olsdtr., was born 26/1-1851 at Brennes, Rødøy. Tomas is listed as born 1854 and from Glein in Dønna. I do not know when he arrived in Rødøy. I have searched Dønna/Nesna records ca. 1851-1855, as well as confirmations ca. 1868-1872, but cannot find him. In the 1865 and 1875 census, I only find a T[h]omas Pedersen born about 1848, but I do not think it is him. I do not find a T[h]omas in the 1900 census in Rødøy. I know Ane Johanna Olsdtr. was married previously in 1875 until her husband's death on 23/1-1876.Please see: LenkeDoes anyone have any suggestions where to find Katinka's father Tomas Pedersen? Mange takk på forhånd!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest erling t. endresen

Also: I would read the info in the church book as the mother is born in 1854 and the father in 1851, like the year written beside the different names. Or?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest erling t. endresen
LenkeAnd here he is in 1900, in Lenvik, Troms. His real year of birth is 1847, not 1845 as it says here, (or 1851 / 1854 as the church book says is the year of birth for Kathinkas father).So it is up to you to deside.... could my candidate be her right father? I do not find any better suggestion.
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kristen Åkre

I have verified that Katinka's mother is Ane Johanna Olsdtr, f. 26/6-1851.I am uncertain about the T(h)omas candidates you have found; perhaps the pastor wrote 1854 instead of 1845? I know that there are often discrepancies between ages/birthdates from one source to the next to the next until the actual birth/baptismal record is found. It does not appear that there are any other T(h)omas Pedersens in the Dønna/Nesna area who were born about the same time /-5 years (for example)...so it is probably safe to say it is the right one I am looking for?? What do you think?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kristen Åkre

What about the Thomas Pedersen I find living in 1865 in Mo prestegjeld (Lien gård)?: LenkeI have not tried to find his baptismal record yet, but the age would imply f. ca. 1853/1854, which is what Katinka's baptism said... What do you think? I suppose this Thomas too could have passed through Glein instead of the other?By the way, 'ungkarl' translates to 'bachelor'. I am not sure of 'selvholder' either.Tusen takk!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kristen Åkre

I found the Thomas Pedersen from Mo in the utflyttede list: Lenke (22/5-1870, first entry on page), but I am not sure of where it says he was leaving to; can you help to 'tyde' it? Takk!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kristen Åkre

It looks like the entry for Katinka's mother identifies her with Brænnæs/Brennes, which now looks to be the same as what is written in the utflyttede list of the Thomas Pedersen I found in Mo (Lenke) (nr 12). Do you agree??

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest erling t. endresen

Maybe the one from Mo is the father... I guess it will still be a 'maybe'... or 'could be', I read it as the Thomas from Mo moves to Buxnæs

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest erling t. endresen
LenkeHei, her er gården på Halland i 1900, og 2 søstre til Thomas Pedersen, konen Elen f. 1844 og inderste som driver med spinning Maren bor her i 1900. Elen Pedersdatter og mannen får barn fra sent på 1870-tallet. Er det trolig at de har overtatt hennes farsgård, og at Thomas da har bodd som 'selvholder' f.eks. på gården Glein, kanskje drevet som fisker?Har tenkt på dette... men stadig ingen fakta som kan tilsi at han med 100 prosent sikkerhet kan sies å være den faren du leter etter.
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest erling t. endresen
LenkeHer dæpes sønnen Peder Olaus Tønder i Nesna/ Nesna i 1877, og som du ser er Thomas Pedersen Halland fadder. Spørsmålet er om han har overlatt gården til sin svoger Anders Pedersen og søster Elen, siden de er gift og har stiftet familie.
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 4 uker senere...
Gjest Kristen Åkre

On the right page of this link: Lenke Nr. 1, for Kat(h)inka, under 'Indholdet af meddelte Attester...', can someone help me to decypher the notes written for her?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.