Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#64449] Location of Rødfylgaden, Oslo

Gjest Verlyn D. Anderson
 Del

Gjest Verlyn D. Anderson

I have been asked by a friend to help him locate Rødfylgaden in Oslo. The spelling indicates that it is an older part of the city. One of my friend's ancestors lived there prior to emigrating to the U.S. Is Rødfylgaden still used as the name of that street in Oslo? This ancestor emigrated shortly before 1900 so that street certainly could have been renamed. I am not able to locate it on any maps of Oslo that I own. Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Arne B. Kristiansen

There is a reason why you cant find the street in the maps. Rødfyllgata was a part of the Vaterlandarea which was cleared in the 1960´s. It is situated under Oslo Spektrum and Radisson Plaza hotel. The street was situated within the boundary of Steners gate, Biskop Gunnerus gate, Grønland and Akerselva (river running through Oslo).

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Verlyn D. Anderson

Tusen takk to Arne B. Kristiansen and Kjell Halvorsen for your assistance in answering my question about the location of Rødgylgaden in Oslo. I forwarded your replies to my friends who asked me the question in the first place. They were very pleased with your answers and appreciated receiving this information. Again, thanks!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.