Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#65040] Finding someone in the Royal household.

Gjest Rob Hansen
 Del

Gjest Rob Hansen

Does anyone know how to search archives associated with the Royal Family. My great grandmother Margaret Hansen (nee Dare) worked in the employ of King Haakon - how can I find out more about what she did ??Thanks,Rob London.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kjell H Myhre

This one was rather thrilling Rob; I do really hope someone might qualify for assisting you in this matter. I assume your g. grandmother was of British origin. Do you know what brought about the fact that she became employed at the Royal Palace ? Is it reason to believe she accompanied Queen Maud at her change of residency ? Do you know exactly which year she returned to England ?Incidentally, it's really pleasant to notice a U.K. citizen contributing here at the ''Digitalarkivet'' Enquiry Board ! I hope you're experiencing a nice December in wonderful London; ''my city of delights'' !!Yours faithfully, Kjell

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Yngve Nedrebø

The older parts of the Royal Archives have been transferred to the National Archives in Oslo, while the archives from more resent years (including most of the archives from king Haakon) still are kept at the Royal Castle. Since 2004 these archives have been indexed:[url="http://www.kongehuset.no/c27084/artikkel/vis.html?tid=72959>LenkeYou may send your question to the Royal Court:

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Rob Hansen

I am confused.I was led to believe that my great grandmother walked dogs belonging to King Haakon which indicates that she knew him and probably the queen as well.I am not blowing my trumpet but I am trying to find facts. She lost my great grandfather in 1908 after a terrible accident. She was plunged into grief. She couldn't face the loss - this piece of history was excruciting for her because of the loss she wouldn't say a word.However she was a british citizen and yes she was purportedly associated with the Royal family. Kjwell can you PLEASE tell me what you know. I have written to the Royal court but had no answer. I'll turn up in person if this goes on much longer !!.Thankyou Yngve for your post too. All help is gratefully received.Rob.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.