Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#65169] Carl Bertelsen Rolland emigrerte fra Åsane (Hamre) til Minnesota, USA

Gjest Kenneth Bratland
 Del

Gjest Kenneth Bratland

Hei!Carl Bertelsen Rolland f. 21. juli 1863 i Åsane (Hamre). Han døde i Minnesota i 1956:ROLLAND, CARL B. Date of Birth: 21 Jul 1863 Place of Birth: OUT OF STATE Mother Maiden Name: ULSETH certid# 1956-MN-013234Date of Death: 12 Mar 1956 County of Death: POLKHan skal ifølge familien ha vært gift og hatt barn. Jeg trenger å vite navnet på hans ektefelle og hennes leveår og pikenavn. Håper noen kan hjelpe meg.Mvh.Kenneth Bratland

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kurt Østbye

Og her i US census for året 1900:1900 United States Federal CensusName: Kord Rolland [Karl Rolland]Home in 1900: Garfield, Polk, Minnesota Age: 36 Birth Date: Jul 1863 Birthplace: Norway Race: White Ethnicity: AmericanImmigration Year: 1888Relationship to head-of-house: Head Father's Birthplace: Norway Mother's Birthplace: NorwaySpouse's Name: Haussina Marriage Year: 1884 Marital Status: Married Years Married: 16Residence : Fertile Village, Polk, MinnesotaHousehold Members: Name Age Kord Rolland 36 Haussina Rolland 32 Berent Rolland 13 Mathilde Rolland 11 Martin Rolland 7 Klara Rolland 4 Nora Rolland 2

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kurt Østbye

US census 19101910 United States Federal CensusName: Carl Poland [Carl Roland]Age in 1910: 47 Estimated Birth Year: abt 1863 Birthplace: Norway Relation to Head of House: Head Father's Birth Place: Norway Mother's Birth Place: NorwaySpouse's Name: HansineHome in 1910: Garfield, Polk, Minnesota Marital Status: MarriedHousehold Members: Name Age Carl Poland 47 Hansine Poland 42 Berent Poland 24 Mathilde Poland 21 Martin Poland 17 Clara H Poland 14 Nora Poland 11 Betsey D Poland 9 Alma S Poland 7 Alida J Poland 5 Selma C Poland 2

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kurt Østbye

US census 19201920 United States Federal CensusName: B Carl RollandHome in 1920: Garfield, Polk, Minnesota Age: 56 years Estimated Birth Year: abt 1864 Birthplace: Norway Relation to Head of House: HeadSpouse's Name: H Johanna Father's Birth Place: Norway Mother's Birth Place: Norway Marital Status: MarriedHome owned: Own Year of Immigration: 1888 Able to read: Yes Able to Write: YesHousehold Members: Name Age B Carl Rolland 56 H Johanna Rolland 51 Bernt Hans Rolland 33 Martin Rolland 27 Nora Rolland 21 D Betsy Rolland 19 S Alma Rolland 16 J Alida Rolland 14 C Selma Rolland 12 B Martha Rolland 9

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kurt Østbye

1930 United States Federal CensusName: Carl Rolland Home in 1930: Garfield, Polk, Minnesota Age: 68 Estimated Birth Year: abt 1862 Birthplace: Norway Relation to Head of House: HeadSpouse's Name: HanneParents' birthplace: View Image Neighbors: View others on pageHousehold Members: Name Age Carl Rolland 68 Hanne Rolland 62 Alida Rolland 25 Beatrice Rolland 20

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kurt Østbye

Minnesota Death Index, 1908-2002Name: Johanna Hansine RollandDeath Date: 15 Aug 1940Death County: PolkState File Number: 012503 Certificate Number: 012503 Certificate Year: 1940 Record Number: 845824

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Via diverse nettkilder kan det se ut som om Carls kone var Johanna Hansine som døde 15 Aug 1940 i Polk ca. Minnesota.Det kan også se ut til at Carl Rolland ble 2. gang gift med Lizzie A, Case,født 6 Nov 1874 i New Bedford, Mass. og død 24 Mar 1965 i Hennepin, Minnesota.Lizzie var muligens skilt i fra Archibald Sinclair når hun giftet seg med Carl, og hadde to barn i fra tidligere.Det påstås også et sted at Lizzie og Carl fikk sønnen Lawrence Rolland sammen..... noe som neppe stemmer....

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

“These Our Roots: The History of Fertile, Minnesota” (1887-1987) The Ulen Union, David G. Evans, Publisher, Ulen, Minnesota, 1987CARL AND SINA ROLLAND page 149Carl and Sina Rolland and their two year old son, Bernt, left their home in Bergen, Norway in 1888. They had heard of the land of opportunity and Sina, especially, was eager to better their lives. She was 20 and he was 24, strong, young and unafraid of hard work which they found in abundance. Carl's brother, Mons, had already immigrated to the new land. He had built himself his home, a log house, in a nice wooded area four miles northeast of the village of Fertile. Arriving tired and hungry after their long voyage, the Rollands were met by Mons who helps them carry Bernt and some of their belongings, for they walked the four miles to his home. It couldn't have been easy for Mons to take in three people, but they were not as comfort minded as we are today. For several years, Carl worked for neighbors to clear the land of its tall timber. He often worked for Andrew Morvig who encouraged him and loaned him money. Mr. Morvig gave the land that became the site for the first Little Norway Church and hired men to clear the land. Carl was one of those men. Later Mons, still a bachelor, decided to sell the farm and move on. Carl and Sina bought it and in 1905 built the house that was known as home for many years. There they raised ten children: Bernt, Mathilda, Martin, Clara, Nora, Betsey, Alma, Alida, Selma and Beatrice. They all grew to adulthood there, attended Lake View School and Little Norway Church. A son, Martin, died in infancy. He was always remembered as 'Martin sa do,' Martin who died, for they had a new lively Martin to take his place. Carl and Sina have long been buried at Little Norway Cemetery along with Bernt, Beatrice and the first Martin. At this writing, these six daughters survive: Mathilda, Clara, Nora, Betsey, Alida and Selma. Their average age would be approximately 86 years.Lenke

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Taryn Flolid

Fertile, Minnesota is in Polk County, Minnesota.POLK COUNTY HISTORICAL SOCIETY Box 214 (mailing) U.S. 2 East (museum) Crookston, MN 56716-0214 218/281-1038 Contact: Dan Morlan, 218/281-2907 Hours: 12 - 5 p.m. Tuesday through Sunday; June 1 - September 30

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.