Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#65211] help with Oigeberget

Gjest Juliann Richens
 Del

Gjest Juliann Richens

I am looking for information on John Larson. His son's obituary states that John Larson immigrated to America in 1862 from Oigeberget Norway. John Larson changed his last name to John Broman sometime after 1900. His death certificate says only that he came from Norway. That his fathers name was John Broman and that he was born 11 May 1827. I would appreciate any thoughts or ideas on this place Oigeberget, I know that the way the obituary spelt it is wrong, and maybe a sugestion to as why he goes from the surname of Larson to Broman, abd if ppossible his fahters surname really is Broman. Thank you for your time and thoughts, I really do appreciate it. Juliann Riches

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kjellaug Robberstad Petit

There's a farm called Ougeberget in Råde, Østfold in 1801. He might have come from that place, but it could also be another name, of course. LenkeThere's no Lars there in 1801, but his father may be born after 1801.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Grete Jøraas

Broman is a Swedish name, so the family is origin in Sweden. I search the Family Search for John Broman/Sweden and found one person with a simular name. Living in Norway I would think Øyerberget in Brandvald is a strong candidate.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.