Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#66332] Galmehaugen records.

Gjest Rob Hansen
 Del

Gjest Rob Hansen

Does anyone know how to email the house at galmehaugen. I'd so like to contact one of the curators can anyone help??Rob.London!!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Inger Eik

I can give them a call tomorrow morning and ask why they don't reply to mails. If they have a new mail address, I'll post it here.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Rob Hansen

Thankyou so much. The house is managed by a property agent who isn't answering. This is very frustrating. I am almost sure my great grandmother worked at the house very early on just as prince Haakon was about to be King. I am so hoping there is some record of my great grandmother as she dropped a lot of hints about her work. Perhaps you could ask if there are details of the household from 1900.Thankyou, Rob.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Inger Eik

I called, and learnt that the person who is normally looking after the place has taken a longish holiday and will be back some time mid February. The person I spoke to is just a substitute who is not able to tell anything about the household, but he gave me his own mail address, 'shas at statsbygg dot no' and said that if you write to him, he would relay your mail to the right person.I hope this helps. If not, there might be people in this forum who are able to answer your questions. :-)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Rob Hansen

thankyou for this !!. I noticed that Helge Iversen started a thread on this some time ago but I can't understand a word of what it says. Can you please have a look and relay anything useful.If you know of any other records I could search please let me know. I am almost sure 99.995% that Margaret Dare took my grandfather to Gamlehaugen when he was about 8 years old. She certainly seems to have known Bergen well.Thankyou for your help,Rob.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Inger Eik

Helge Iversen asks about various persons who worked to build and decorate Gamlehaugen. He does not mention Margaret Dare. The replies go into describing the works of a sculpturor who was part of the crew.I have posted a reference to this thread and asked if someone has any information for you, that they reply here.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Inger Eik

I don't know why the rest of my post isn't showing above here. I mentioned an English woman named Margaret Annie Espenak, married with two daughters, living in Bergen at the time of the 1900 census.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Rob Hansen

Hi,That's not her but thankyou for looking.which district is Gamlehaugen in ??Is it possible she lived away from the house and worked there during the day??When was it running properly??Do you keep records for who went in and out of Bergen by ship - she was married to Magnus Hansen from Ibestad who was always on the move. It is difficukt to find any geographical information about Margaret dare save that she was married in 1901 in Swansea, Wales.Magnus had a terrible accident in 1905 which would almost certainly havew brought her to Wales but there is no solid evidence for her whereabouts.I sent a hard copy of my letter to Gamlehaugen today I hope it will produce results.Rob.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Inger Eik

Gamlehaugen is within the municipality of Bergen today, but I suppose that about 1900 it must have been in Fana, which was a southern suburb. It is well possible that Margaret was staying somewhere else and not directly at Gamlehaugen, but it can't have been very far away, given the communications in those days. Well, I think there were trains...I found one unmarried Magnus Hansen at Ibestad (who was old enough to be married) in the 1900 census: LenkeBut he might have left and gone somewhere else if he was married already the year after, so it's probably not the right one.I think you need better help on this than I am able to give you. Maybe if you post the full details, names, birth dates and places, and anything else that might be relevant. I'm sure someone may have more information.Or maybe your contact with Gamlehaugen eventually will prove useful after all.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Helge Thime-Iversen

Hello to both of you.I'm pretty sure that there is no information regarding Margaret Dare in the archives from Gamlehaugen at Statsbygg. I should know as I've been organizing the archives and partly created them with new information. I also doubt that you will get any information from the people working at Gamlehaugen, unless Hordamuseet have prioritized research the last couple of years. However - it's been a while since I had anything to do with Gamlehaugen. I have a couple of contacts that I will ask, and then I'll come back to you. The archives that Christian Michelsen left behind can be found at Christian Michelsen Institutt http://www.cmi.no/ . I did research there seven years ago without finding anything on Margaret Dare. I didn't know to look for that particular name at that time though. The archive is not very well sorted, and I think the only way to get information from it is to get access yourself. I will come back to you, Helge Thime-Iversen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Rob Hansen

Hi Helge,Is there anyone at CMI who can answer queries on the period in question 1900 to 1905 possibly beyond. I would very much like to find an answer. I am sure there is a link with CM himself but it's not easy to find out.Thankyou Helge,Rob.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Helge Thime-Iversen

Dear Rob,I've been in contact with the author of this book Lenke and the upcoming biography of Christian Michelsen. He said that he had already been contacted by Statsbygg on the same question, and that he had checked copy books and accounting records without finding anything about Margaret Dare. These records are part of the records at CMI. He also says that he will have the name in mind while continuing his research. I don't have any names for you to contact at CMI, so I would simply make general contact. However, CMI are doing scientific research on totally different fields than history, and - at least 6-7 years ago - had no expertise on these records. These records are simply remains from the founder of the Institute, and I doubt that anyone has the expertise or the time to help you on this matter. The above mentioned author knows the records well and should know if the name appears there. Personally I went through the records for the years between 1898 and 1902 (I took most interest in the building period) without making notice of this name. So at least for this period I doubt that she was regularly paid. Sorry that I couldn't be of more help to you.Helge

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 1 måned senere...
Gjest Rob Hansen

Hi Helge,I've done more research on my family and have found a Maria Hansen who became Joachimsen in 1898. Have you come across anyone at Gamlehaugen with the name Joachimsen??Thanks,Rob.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.