Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#66658] Olivia P. Blomvik fra Sula , f. ca.1877, dro til Amerika 1904-06

Gjest Per Nermo
 Del

Gjest Per Nermo

Olivia P. Blomvik (antakelig fra Sula ved Ålesund), født rundt 1877, emigrerte til Amerika rundt 1904-1906. Hun var da gift Evensen. Olivia hadde søsknene Marie og Thomas. Når Olivia og ektemannen ankom Amerika skiftet de navn til Fosnes. (Olivia's aner kom muligens fra Fosnes i Namdalen). Blomvik er (som kjent, for de 'innfødte') en plass på østenden av Sula.Noen som kan hjelpe med å finne Olivia's foreldre ? (Jeg har lett i FT 1900 uten hell).

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Per Nermo

Ja, der har vi nok treff allerede !Konfirmantens foreldre er Kristen Berntsen og Johanne Kristiansdatter på Blomvik, og disse finner vi her i FT 1900 : Lenke, med Olivia's bror Thomas og det hele ! Maria er riktignok ute av redet ...Mange takk !

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Per Nermo

(1:) Det var Olivia Petrine Blomvik (f. 1877 på Sula) sin ektemann Even Evensen (gift mellom 1900 og 1904) som kom fra Fosnes i Namdalen !Noen som kan hjelpe meg med å finne hvilket skip de seilte med (hver for seg !) til Amerika ? Olivia kan (i 1905) ha reist under navnene Blomvik, Evensen eller Fosnes(s). Even Evensen (Fosness ?) dro i 1904. Før hun dro fikk Olivia en sønn Einar, f. 1905.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Per Nermo

No, Anna, I had very little of this from before, as had not my recent friend 'over there', on which behalf I posted these questions.Her name is Angela, and she's delighted at having got all this information all by a sudden ! Olivia and Even are her great grand parents !I'm sure she needs more help, and I told her asking questions in English here is OK !Good luck, Angela !

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Angela Darling

Hi Per,Thanks again for all of your help! It is truly appreciated!Anna, are you related to the Blomvik family? Perhaps we can chat to see if we're connected somehow. I know I likely have family over in Norway (as Thomas Blomvik was my great uncle and he stayed over there) and had children as well.Thanks again!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Angela Darling

Per,I'm looking at the passenger lists for Olivia and Anna Fosnaes; is there any way that I can tell which ship they sailed out on?Thanks, Angela

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Per Nermo

It's Anne J. Engmo from Tverlandet that dug out all this interesting information in such a short time ! She has proved a very efficient 'investigator' !Hopefully, someone can help you out on which ship carried Olivia and Anna Fosness/Fosnæss/Fosnaes/Fosnes across the pond ...

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Anne J. Engmo

Hi Angela. No,I`m not related to the Blomvik family. I only tried helping Per to find the family in Norway. Good luck finding out more about this family !

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Per Nermo

Wonderful, Arne !The text is not easy legible unless enlarged, but as far as I can see, they arrived on S/S ETRURIA from Liverpool (18 Mar 1905) to New York (26 Mar 1905): Anna (26), Olivia (21) and Einar Fosnæs (Fosnaes/Fosnes). Olivia seems to have found it convenient to add three years to her real age (born 1887). Anna and Olivia appears to be sisters, both taking the voyage to join their husbands.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Angela Darling

You guys are all great! I actually was able to find this manifest at EllisIsland.org as well last night but didn't check this website until this morning. The reason I was having problems finding them was because someone had typed their name in wrong. Fosnds was now they were coming up.It looks like Olivia's age could possibly be 27 as well. She was born in 1877 and likely sailed over before her 28th birthday. Anne Fosness was married to Olivia's husband's brother named Ole(so they were sister's in law). Thanks so much for the help with this! I am loving this site; never knew it existed until Per helped me out.Thanks again!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kjellaug Robberstad Petit

Very interesting, Per, I had no idea what had become of these brothers. After all they were my mother's 2nd cousins!I've had a mail from Angela and all this is very exciting.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Per Nermo

My own involvement in this 'case' is caused by the fact that the children of my ancestor Endre Hanssen Helset (1826-1902) from Grytten, Romsdal (hist last name from Aukra) (http://nermo.org/slekt/d0027/g0000043.html#I126) used BLOMVIK as a surname, after the same place (on the island of Sula by Aalesund) that Olivia Petrine Blomvik came from.Endre lent his first name to the small cotter farm 'Endrehaugen' (initially called 'Solhaug') in Blomvik, which he cleared and built himself (appr. 1855) , together with his 'local' wife Johanne Petrine Jensine Hansdatter Haugen (1830-1905). Their son Hans Lauritz Blomvik (1861-1927) (married to Thomasine Gurine Sæmundsdatter Farstad from Lepsøy/Løvsøya, Haram) is my ancestor.I know of no genealogical connection between Johanne Petrine Jensine Hansdatter Haugen (1830-1905) (see above) and Olivia's parents Kristen Berntsen Blomvik (born 1835) and Johanne Kristiansdatter (born 1845) (see inserate #4 above), but my experience suggests that there is one ....

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.