Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#66934] Emil Samuelsen born 4-4-1862 Ostre Aker, Oslo. Marriage record?

Gjest AJ Halla
 Del

Gjest AJ Halla

Can anyone help me find Emil's marriage to Hannah Gulbrandsdatter on September 6, 1884? I don't know if it occured in Ostre Aker or not, but I don't know where Hannah's family was from to check in that location. I have paged thru all of the 1884 marriages in Ostre Aker, but I cannot find anything.Tak!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Gunn Huglen

The only Emil Samuelsen i found i 1875 about the same age is this boy, born i Aker. LenkeHis mother is dead and father lives not so far from Oslo. I will try to find his Christning first, to find if it is the same gay you are looking for?Best regards from Gunn.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Gunn Huglen

This is the same Emil Samuelsen in Nord-Trøndelag in Fosnes, farm Mo in 1865: LenkeI did not find his Chr. in Aker, and the mother died before 1865. I am not sure this is the one you asked for?Have you found his birth in the churchbook ?Gunn

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Berit Knudsen

Sofie Amalie b. 11/7 1865 Fosnes [url="http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=2519&idx_id=2519&uid=ny&idx_side=-75>Lenke See (3)The parents of both children are Salve Eriksen and Kirsti Syvertsdt. But, the census 1865 and you are using Samuel/Samuelsen and not Salve/Salvesen. The death of Kirsti Syvertsdt. 28/12 1865-burried 4/2 66,no.16

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Berit Knudsen

Is it anyone who can read what is written on the right side in the birthrecord of Emil Richard (4). Something like: Daabsattest .. 17.2.72 til Fos.....(Fosnes?) .... var i .. Nordland.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Gunn Huglen

I think it is the same Emil Richard as Emil in 1865 and i 1875. I read the note Fosnes , (parents?) in Nordland ( at the time ) as Berit says.:-)Gunn

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest AJ Halla

Sorry, I was looking at Emil's father's name in English (Samuel) but you are correct, it is Salve in Norwegian. I was able to find the info on his sister and his mother's death, but I'm not sure he will be found in the 1875 census. I show he went to America in 1872, but he returned and married Hannah before they left to America for good in 1884 (my great-grandmother was born in South Dakota in 1885.)Thank you both for your help, I'm really hoping that if I do find his marriage one day, it will help me figure out who Hannah's parents are.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Gunn Huglen

So sorry I wrote 1875 , it was 1865 I found him in Fosnes.Emil can have used Eriksen name ,when he got married?LenkeThe date here gives no name of Hannas parents, and no place-name for the marriage.Have you found their emigration papers? Do you the name of the boat and the town they left from?Gunn

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest AJ Halla

I have been unable to find their emigration papers, but I did confirm that Hannah's last name was Gulbrandsdatter based on some birth records for her children born in South Dakota. Emil might have married under Eriksen because he'd changed his name in America, as did his dad to Samuel Erickson. I'll keep looking! Thanks again.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest AJ Halla

You are wonderful, after Kirsti died Salve remarried Johanna Sveiedsdatter, and they had Charles (Carl)That makes sense why I can find an immigration record for Samuel in 1872, arriving by himself; Johanna and the two sons (Sophie must have died) would have come the next year after he settled.Thanks so much, I appreciate it tremendously!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Gunn Huglen

Very interesting, Berit!You think that Emils father here is marrid 2. time and that they emigrated with sons ( half brothers?) in 1873.:-) Gunn

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Berit Knudsen

The marriage of Salve Eriksen and Johanne in 1866 Lenke Salve(Samuel?) is 33 y.old and from Hedmark, and the name of his father was Erik Simonsen.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest AJ Halla

Yes, other than his immigration info and marriage date you gave me, I have a lot of info on his family in Norway and then in South Dakota. Maybe I can find more out about Hannah if I try the immigration database, I just never used that before because my Norwegian is so poor!:) Thanks

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest AJ Halla

She was born in October of 1861 or 1862 (US census record.) I think the middle link that you sent for Yankton might be an interesting lead because that's where my family settled, but I always thought she and Emil married in Norway. I'll keep searching. Thanks again.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest AJ Halla

Berit,Would the 'Aker' on the 1865 census for Ostre Aker in Akershus be the same as parish records for Ostre Aker in Oslo around 1862? If so, I might have found Hanna on the census, but not in the parish records yet.Lenke

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Berit Knudsen

Since Hanna in the census of 1865 was 2 y. she must be born around 1863/64, and at that time there was no more Aker parish. Aker had been divided into 4 parishes around 1861 = Grønland, Gamle Aker, Østre Aker and Vestre Aker.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.