Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#67081] Agnes Rasmussen fr Vest-Agder

Gjest Patricia Carlsen Mikkelsen
 Del

I was trying to help a friend find his Norwegian ancestors... found his father's family right away, but I am stuck on his mother. Can't find a thing. Here's what he had:Agnes Rasmussen - born 31 Mai 1891 in Kristiansand (?)Father's name: PederMother: Olgine Olsen, Hollen, Sogne per Kristiansand S.He also had a death certificate for Agnes's youngest sister, Solveig Germana Johansen, died 11.05.1994. She was married to Frithjof Johansen (06.05.17 - 11.10.84). Death certificate issued by Sorenskriveren i Mandal.I believe Agnes was also born in Mandal (her US passport application states it). I've searched church registers for Kristiansand & Mandal, but can't find Agnes's birth or confirmation.Found one woman named Olgine Olsen in Vest-Agder. She was born 2 Mai 1839, which would make her 52 when Agnes was born.One last thing -- US census records state that she emigrated in 1909.I'm running out of ideas... HELP!Hilsen Patti Mikkelsen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Found one interesting family... but it's not quite right.At Høllen in 1900 Sogne:Jørgen Olsen & Olegine Olsen with daughter Agnes and SON Peter.But Agnes was born 28 Feb 1895... birthdate & father's name all wrong.I will be grateful for any assistance. Perhaps if someone has a bygdebok for Sogne, the entry for Høllen may shed some light...Hilsen Patti

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

To answer Berit, Rasmussen was supposed to be her birth name. She married Harald Berntsen Skeibrok about 1915, probably in New York City.Harald -- This all seems to fit, doesn't it? I had come to much the same conclusion about the parent information. There just didn't seem to be anyone who matched.I will go back to my friend and see where he got those names. I agree, what you found seems right...Many thanks... Patti

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Harald Søren Storaker

They return to US in 1926: [url="http://digitalarkivet.no/cgi-win/webcens.exe?slag=visbase&sidenr=19&filnamn=KRISTUT&gardpostnr=72914&merk=72914#ovre>LenkeHer father Anders (Andreas)(7) on Hjortland in 1865 census. Lenke They came from Langeland in Holum parish (Holum bygdebok p. 340). Parents marriage 1 May 1853 LenkeHer mother Lise Perline (4) on Høyland in Spangreid in 1865 census Lenke

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Harald!This is all good! My friend sent me a death certificate for Agnes's youngest sister, Solveig Germana Johansen 'fødselsnr. 140106 - 37695'I thought I would look to see if 140106 was a birth date. Found her birth in Halse. Same parents, same farm (Hjortland).So, now I have to tell my friend that his information about his grandmother was wrong! I understand how it can happen. My aunt swore that she had seen my grandfather's family in the parish records for Bergen. She said he had 7 brothers. But in truth, he had one brother and one sister. You don't know how much time I wasted looking for those 7 brothers!Thank you so much for your help. I will see what I can pull together from the churchbooks. If you have the bygdebok for Halse, I might have questions later... if you don't mind.Hilsen Patti Mikkelsen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Harald Søren Storaker

We are still waiting for the Halse bygdebok LenkeI have the book 'Norges bebyggelse, Vest-Agder, østre del'. It shows farms and farm owners about 1955. Farm no 2, Hjortland was in 1955 owned by Eilif Penne, born 1900 on Lista, married to Alice Skeibrok, born 6/7 1910 Lista. They bought the farm 1946. It looks like Alice grew up in a house neighbouring Harald Berntsen Skeibrok on Lista.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.