Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#67348] Dorthe Maria Pedersdatter Jølle

Gjest Patricia Carlsen Mikkelsen
 Del

I can't find a birth record for Dorthe Maria Pedersdatter Jølle. She was born ca 1780. In 1798, she married Hans Christian Hansen from Vatne østre.[url="http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=9882&idx_id=9882&uid=ny&idx_side=-55>LenkeAfter Hans died in 1810, she married Jørgen Michael Larsen Tjørve.LenkeShe died 3 Mai 1849 at the age of 70:

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest erling t. endresen

what about this oneDorthe Marie Sex: F--------------------------------------------------------------------------------Event(s): Christening: 28 Oct 1780 Place: Kongsberg, Buskerud, Norway--------------------------------------------------------------------------------Parents: Father: Peder ANDERSEN--------------------------------------------------------------------------------Source Information: Batch Number: C428592 Source Dates: 1756 - 1782 Film or Fiche Number: 123983 Collection Details: Kongsberg; Den Norske Kirke

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thank you Erling for looking!Do you know the parents of the Dorthe from Egersund? This is a good lead. I believe enke Anna Sophia Atlaksdtr (in 1801 Seglem) is the mother of the two men mentioned in the birth record for Dorthe's daughter, Edel Lovise:LenkeBut I am not having much luck finding the births of any of Peder & Anna Sophia's children in Egersund. This makes me wonder if they were born in another parish. LDS records show six children all born at Helvig in Egersund:Anna Maria b. 11 Oct 1779; Anna Maria b. 16 Feb 1782; Anders b. 16 Oct 1786; Kristoffer b. 29 May 1789; Jacob Mikael b. 16 May 1791; and Peder b 25 Jan 1795.Still, I think this is a good possibility. But how do I connect Dorthe to Vanse in Vest-Agder?Again, thank you Erling...Hilsen Patti

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Follow-upI did find the marriage of Peder & Anna Sophia, 17 Dec 1778. See here...LenkeIt looks like Peder's farm is 'Gyllestøe', but I don't know where that is. I also found the baptism for Anna Maria in 1779. Still nothing for Dorthe, though. If she was 16 in 1794, that means she was probably born before they married.This is so frustrating!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Harald... if this were true, it might be the connection to Vest-Agder that I was looking for. Is Jøllestø the same as Jølle?Thanks... I'll check this out...Hilsen Patti

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

One more thing... I wonder if it's possible the first 'Anna Maria' (born 1779) to Peder Christophersen & Anna Sophia Atlaksdtr was really Dorthe Maria. They named another daughter Anna Maria in 1783. I searched for a death record for the first Anna Maria, but found none. I know sometimes parents name two children the same, but it's not usual, is it? I would expect to see the death of the first one before the second was born.It's a mystery...Hilsen Patti

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest erling t. endresen

I guess that your last suggestion is correct. The place 'Helvig' must be wrong in Familysearch, I guess, the family lived at Seglem at Eigerøy, an insel near Egersund, my home town.Erling T. Endresen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest erling t. endresen

Both the farm Seglem in Egersund, Rogaland, and the place Vanse in Vest Agder are located near the sea. With boat, the distance is not so far. It is likely that people 'found each other' from different places near the sea. beside, I wonder if it says that hans Christian hansen was a 'Skipper' when he marries Dorthe Marie?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

ErlingCheck the link in my first entry above. There is a word before Hans that might be skipper.Also, did you see my comment (9) that when Peder Christophersen & Anna Sophia Atlaksdatter were married, his farm is shown as 'Gyllestø'. It was suggested this might actually be 'Jøllestø', which is the farm listed by Dorthe Maria Pedersdatter when she married Hans Christian Hansen.Also, I have found one other connection. In 1808, Anders Pedersen Seglem married Olene Larsdatter Tjørve in Lister. One of the witnesses was Hans Christian Vatne.I wonder if Dorthe's father (the man I believe is her father), Peder Christophersen, was originally from Jølle in Vanse?? There is definitely a connection between these two families... I'm not sure what it is.Thank you for your help.Hilsen Patti

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kirsti Rye

Here is a Peder christened in Vanse in 1751. His father is called Christopher Jacobsen Jølle. Maybe he is the right one?Kildeinformasjon: Vest-Agder fylke, Vanse i Vanse, Ministerialbok nr. A 3 /1 (1743-1767), Kronologisk liste 1751, side 131-132. Permanent sidelenke: Lenkemvh Kirsti

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kirsti Rye

Look at 'trolovede og viede'. There is a Christopher Jacobsen married to Dorte ?daugther Jølle. Married 26 okt 1747 Kildeinformasjon: Vest-Agder fylke, Vanse i Vanse, Ministerialbok nr. A 3 /1 (1743-1767), Kronologisk liste 1747, side 77-78. Permanent sidelenke: LenkeMaybe this is the connection you are looking for?mvh Kirsti

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thank you KirstiThis is all very promising information. LDS records say Christopher's wife was Dorthe Tollisdtr.Perhaps there is someone who has a bygdebok for Vanse. This might clear things up... or maybe a bygdebok for Egersund??mvh Patti

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest erling t. endresen

Sorry to tell you it doesn't exist any bygdebok for Egersund yet, but one might find information at the museum, since info about the people at the different farms are properly written down, I might search for you some day. But it can take some time before I go there.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Erling, I appreciate the offer. But I don't feel good that you will go to so much trouble. Actually, I think a bygdebok for Vanse might tell me what I want. If Dorthe's father was born at Jølle...I thank you for your generous offer.mvh Patti

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jan H. Trelsgård

From Lista bygdebok by Kåre Rudjord, Jølle farm:Kristoffer Jakobsen Vere d. 1788, 67 år, 1747 gm Dortea Tollisdtr. Jølle d. 1802, 80 år. Barn: Jakob 1748 (Vere), Peder 1751, Anna 1754, Anna Marie 1756-77, Anna Sofie 1757 (gm Abraham Olsen Kylleberg), Tollak 1760, Sara 1764. Sønnen Peder Kristoffersen kom til Seglem ved Egersund, der det var skifte i 1797. Enka Anna Sofie Seglem overdrog Jølle i 1801 til dattera Dorte Marie og hennes mann. Hans Kristian Hansen austre Vatne d. 1810, 36 år, 1798 gm Dorte Marie Pedersdtr. Jølle d. 1849, 70 år. Barn: Birgitta Helena 1799 (1819 gm styrm. Hans Kristian Andersen, til Maberg), Anne Sofie 1803 (1823 gm enkem. Isak Tønnessen Meberg, 46 år), Elisabet og Ane Maria 1806 (d. små).

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hei Jan!Thank you... this is just the confirmation I needed! It explains everything.There was a record on the LDS website that gave different parents & farm for Peder Kristoffersen, who married Anna Sophie Atlaksdatter Seglem in 1778. It showed he was born 1751 at Hegrestad, son of Kristoffer Olsen & Kristen Hansen. I thought this was wrong. Thank you for confirming it!mvh Patti Mikkelsen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

About the birth of Dorthe Maria Pedersdatter... Peder Kristoffersen & Anna Sophie Atlaksdtr married in Dec 1778. According to the Eigersund parish register, they had a daughter named Anna Maria in 1779 and also in 1783. I searched to see if the first Anna Maria died before 1783. I couldn't find a death record for her.Dorthe Maria died in 1849 at age 70, which puts her year of birth at about 1779. Is it possible that the parish register is wrong about the first daughter's name? Could the daughter born in 1779 be Dorthe Maria and NOT Anna Maria?Has anyone seen the parish registers make a mistake like this before?I appreciate the feedback...Hilsen Patti

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.