Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#67548] Niels Svensen at Eitland in Vanse

Gjest Patricia Carlsen Mikkelsen
 Del

I am trying to find information about Niels Svensen (b ca 1767). He married Susane Malene Adriansdtr Biland in 1798. Here is that record:LenkeSince they do not show a farm next to both names, I wonder if this means they were both from Biland??In the 1801 census, they are at Eitland. There is a couple there who might be Niels' parents -- Sven Olsen & Ingebor Madsdtr. But I can't find their marriage or a record for the birth of Niels in Vanse parish registers.I will appreciate any assistance...Hilsen Patti

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Here is a clue, I think. When Niels married Susane, one of the witnesses was Søren Frestad. At Frestad in 1801, Søren Svensen is married to Olene Marie Adriansdtr Frestad. Søren and Olene married 7 Jul 1796. His farm is shown as Klungland. But there is a word after that I can't make out. Also, if I am reading the entry correctly, a witness to Søren's marriage was Niels Svensen Klungland. Here's a link to this:LenkeI looked for Niels birth in 1766-1767, Herod i Vanse, but did not find him. I don't know if Olene Marie is related to Susanne Malene...Again... I will be grateful for any help/advice.Hilsen Patti

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Harald Søren Storaker

Svend Olsen Egebø and Ingeborg Madsdatter Rørdal married 11 Oct 1757 in Lyngdal church Lenke They are mentioned in Lyngdal I bygdebok, p. 527. Svend Olsen was from Eigebø in Konsmo parish. Ingeborg was from Rørdal. Rørdal in Lyngdal is close to Klungland in Herad.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

HaraldI used the 'Permanent sidelenke'. And I'm sure I checked it after I posted my entry. But you are correct that the link is not right now! I wonder what happened.I believe the witness name above Ole is Niels Svensen Klungeland. Do I have that right?Also, about the word after 'Klungelands', do you think it might be a variation on 'Gyland'? I see from O.Rygh that Klungland is also located in this parish.I found a document on LDS that shows Niels Svendsen 'Eitland' b ca 1765 Klunglandsheia, Herad and died 8 Sep 1852 at Eitland. I am pretty sure this man is the same one I have been looking for. But it shows his parents as Svend Olsen b ca 1730 Herad and Berte Pedersdtr Eitland. There is no official source, and I think the mother's name is wrong. But the year and place of birth for Svend Olsen match the man at Eitland in 1801 (who is married to Ingebor Madsdtr).I've been looking through parish records, and I just can't find any record of Niels Svendsen's birth.Thank you, Harald, for your feedback...mvh Patti

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Harald Søren Storaker

No, this is not Klungeland in Gyland. It is Klungeland in Herad LenkeThe travel map shows a 22 km route from Klungeland to Rørdal, but on the map you see it is a short walk.The LDS information is 'submitted'. The birth of Svend Olsen is only a guess. But - I have not found Svend Olsen born in Eikebø, Konsmo. I guess the bygdebok has its information from the address Egebø in the wedding Lyngdal 1757.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thank you, Harald, for the map link. It helps to see where these places are located.I have found two possibilities for Sven's birth.1) Baptized 29 Jun 1732 Vanse, father- Ole Nielsen [url="http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=9878&idx_id=9878&uid=ny&idx_side=-54>LenkeI am not so good at reading these older registers, but I think Ole Nielsen is from Kalleberg. I don't know if this is even a logical option.2) Baptized 4 Aug 1731 Lyngdal, parents- Ole & Ingebor Guse

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jan H. Trelsgård

Svend Olsens parents are mentioned as follows in the Herad bygdebok (by Kåre Rudjord and Arnfinn Høyland):En Ola Tronsen g.m. Ingeborg Nilsdtr. overtok nå Drangsheia, iflg. pantebrev 1760 fra Torje Hansen. Ola var det skifte etter i 1766. Eldste sønnen Svend budde i Klunglandsheia, Gunvor Olsdtr. var g.m. Knud Salvesen Kvås, Åse Olsdtr. var enke etter Morten Mortensen Vigebu i Søgne, Anna Olsdtr. g. m. Bertel Knudsen Nebstad i Konsnio og Ingeborg Olsdtr. g.m. Ståle Torkelsen Eigebø i Konsmo. Kvås bygdebok by Oddleif Lian has got the following information at the Gusa farm:Ole Tronsen Løland, f.ca 1690, g.m. Ingeborg Nilsdtr. Hommen ø., Lyngdal, enke etter Tollak Torkildsen Oftenes. Barn: Gunvor f.ca.1721 (g.1) 1741 m. Brynjel Tollisen Lundevoll, g.2) 1764 m. Knud Salvesen Kvås y.), Åse (g.m. Morten Mortensen Vigebu, Søgne), Anna f.1727 (g.m.Bertor Knudsen Nebstad, Konsmo), Svend f.1731 (g.1757 m.Ingeborg Madsdtr. Rørdal, bodde i tur og orden i Klunglandsheia og Drangsheia i Herad og Eitland på Lista), Gunhild f.1735 (trolig d. før 1766), Ingeborg f. 1738 (g.m. Ståle Torkildsen Eigebø ø., Konsmo, bodde ei tid i Åmlia). Familien bodde først i Østre Hommen, men omkring 1739 flyttet de til Gusa. Senere kom de til Vestre Eigebø i Konsmo og havnet til slutt i Drangsheia i Herad. Ole Tronsen makeskiftet bruket på Gusa i 1739 mot et bruk på Eigebø.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thank you JanSo, do you think it is logical to conclude that Sven Olsen & Ingebor Madsdtr, who are living at Eitland in 1801, are the parents of Niels Svensen (f ca 1766), also at Eitland in 1801? If you have the bygdebok for Herad, is there mention of Sven & Ingebor's children, born at Klungeland in Herad?I searched the parish registers, and found the following children with father Sven from Klungeland: Mats (døpte 8 Dec 1759), Villum (døpte 12 Jun 1763), Søren (døpte 17 Sep 1769), and Jens (døpte 15 Aug 1773).I believe these are also children of Sven & Ingebor -- but I can't find their baptism records: Ole (f ca 1757), Niels (f ca 1766) and Christen (b ca 1769).Again, thank you for your help...mvh Patti

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jan H. Trelsgård

The following is quoted from Lista Bygdebok at the Eitland farm: 'Det var Nils Svensen fra Klunglandsheia i Herad, bror til Søren Svensen som ble gift og overtok gard på Frestad. Deres far Sven Olsen hadde i 1798 overtatt halvparten av den andre garden på Eitland'.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thank you, Jan!This certainly confirms the connection. I had hoped that the bygdebok entry for Klungland/Klunglandsheia (in Herad) would list the children of Sven Olsen and Ingebor Madsdtr. But this quote you have given tells me I have the right family.Thanks again, Patti

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.