Gå til innhold
Arkivverket
Gjest Bonnie Mathisen

[#67556] Assistance translating 'Best Man's Statements' record

Gjest Bonnie Mathisen

Best Man's Statements for marriage of Mathies Nielsen and Gunhild Olsdatter, 2nd and 3rd paragraphs on the left (unnumbered) page, attached. I am only partially able to read this entry. Mathies and Gunhild had both been widowed and I am able to pick out the names of their prior spouses, Andrine Andersdatter and Fredrich Pedersen, and the date and location of Andrine's burial. I have not been able to find record of Fredrich's death in the registers and am hoping this record can indicate where I need to search. Gunhild and Fredrich had at least two sons, whom I believe were alive at the time of this marriage, and I believe Mathies and Andrine had five children who were all dead; does this 'best man's statment' confirm or mention the number of surviving children each had? (6 1/2 & 7 1/2 being the children's ages?)Thank you very much!

bilete6584.jpg

Del dette innlegget

Lenke til innlegg
Del på andre sider
Gjest Kjell Halvorsen

Hi Bonnie,Did you ever solve this problem ?There is no mentioning of children here. The numbers 6 and 7 represents dates (not able to decrypt of which month – sorry) of certifications from the probate court of Christiania to both bride and bridegroom – probably confirming that the couple are free to remarry.It is also mentioned that the deceased husband of Gunhild, Frederik Pedersen, was buried in Christiania and I think this might be him, date of death and burial 17 and 24 April 1826 Lenke - topmost page 122

Del dette innlegget

Lenke til innlegg
Del på andre sider

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.