Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#67684] Need help reading Vanse kirkebok!

Gjest Patricia Carlsen Mikkelsen
 Del

I've tried to figure this out, but I just can't. I'm looking at the marriage of Pernille Catherine Ariansdtr and Mogns Hansen in 1801. Pernille is a widow living at Torp in Vanse, but Mogns seems to be from another parish. It looks like 'Jysta af Bornholm'. I searched the 1801 census for Mogns at this location, but found nothing. Here is the link: LenkeI googled Bornholm, and now I wonder if this is in Denmark.I would appreciate any assistance...Hilsen Patti

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kjellaug R. Petit

I think you got that right, Patti.You'll find a whole lot of Mons /Mogens /Mogn Hansen born in that period at Bornholm, Denmark on FS.mvh Kjellaug

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thank you Kjellaug & Kjell!I saw these men on the LDS site, but I don't have any idea of his age, so I can't take it any further. I do not find him in 1801 Norway. He must have just arrived before he married Pernille. And it seems that both he & Pernille have died before the 1865 census (or they left Norway). He is Pernille's second husband. I would like to fill in the blanks, but it's not critical...Kjell, are these men your ancestors? Sorry, I don't understand your post...mvh Patti

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kjellaug R. Petit

The two men from Copenhagen that Kjell mentioned were the groomsmen, one was a captain and the other one a chief officer (sailors)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Oops! Sorry about that! When you wrote 'best men' I wasn't thinking about this term as it is used in weddings... silly me!So, Mogns was probably a seamen and these men were his shipmates.mvh Patti

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.