Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#67979] Descendants of Peder Olsen and Dorthe Jensdatter Ostre Toten Oppland

Gjest Carla J. Tweeton
 Del

Gjest Carla J. Tweeton

Peder and Dorthe had these children: Olaf Jacob Pedersen (emigrated to Barnesville MN USA used Aamodt) born 1863 Emil Pedersen (emigrated to Barnesville MN USA used Aamodt as surname) born 1866 Pernille Pedersdatter (see below) born 1868 Jens Pedersen (may have emigrated to Canada or remained in Norway) born 1871 Peder Pedersen (may have emigrated to Canada or remained in Norway)The obituary for Peder Olsen states the two sons, Ole J. Aamodt and Emil came to America, one child went to Canada and two remained in Norway. I have found the marriage of Pernille Pedersdtr. Aamodt and Ole Ingebrith Karlsen Dahl on 6 Sept. 1892. According to the 1900 census for Ostre Toten the following were living at the farm Skraedderstuen in Ostre Toten:Ole Dahl born 1867 Pernille Dahl born 1868 Per Dahl born 1892 Dagny Dahl born 1893 Jordis Dahl born 1895 Oskar born 1897 Sigurd born 08/06/1899I was informed of the birth of more children after 1900 Ambjor born 1901 Palma born 1902 Peter born 1904 The last three births under Kolbu Kirke farm Nokleby. I have also learned that there are burials of the Dahl family in the cemetery of Kolbu Kirke , one of them being Sigurd and possibly Borghild (???) in the 1970's or about.Does anyone know of this family - we would like to find living descendants if possible? Descendants of any of the children. Thank you so much for helping.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Carla J. Tweeton

Eva, Thank you for your reply. I did look at the site and since it is in Norwegian I cannot navigate the site. My Norwegian is limited to reading the church books and counting to 10! Help! I can continue to look for other family in the church books but would appreciate help from anyone .Thank you, Carla Tweeton

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ron Berg-Iverson

Peder born 8 Feb.1874 Aamodt appears to be married and living in Gudbrandsbakken 1900. I think mother Dorthe is also alive and living nearby.It must have been Jens b.1871 that emigrated.Ole Jacob emigrated 28 April 1882 to Fergus from Kristiania. RonLenke

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ron Berg-Iverson

Sigurd Dahl b.8 June 1899 d.5 Jan.1975 buried Kolbu Borghild Dahl b.18 July 1908 d.29 Nov.1989 buried Kolbu I would assume Borghild was the wife of Sigurd Dahl. Ron

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ron Berg-Iverson

Carla,do you need more information on Peder Olsen and Dorthea Jensdtr. married 1862 Østre Toten or are you just looking for descendants? Ron

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Carla J. Tweeton

Ron, Thank you for coming to my rescue again! I am trying to help a second cousin and his wife who are leaving for Norway May 12th of this year. I do have the obit. for Peder Olsen Aamodt from the Barnesville, MN newspaper from 1921. As above, Emil and Ole were retailers in Barnesville. Pernille Dahl and Peder must have remained in Norway and Jens to Canada. I tried the Canadian census for 1916 and could not pin him down in the provinces which were indexed. What the cousins would like to do is find descendants to visit. I will continue to search for children of Peder and his wife but there were none listed on the census you told of in 1900. Perhaps they had left home already. Any more research is also welcome - I think I have found the mother of Dortea (wife of Peder) as Dorothea Jensdatter , born 14 Jan 1841 to Jens Andersen and Pernille Jacobsdatter. This was from the IGI records. I did find their marriage from the church records - 1862. Carla

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Carla J. Tweeton

Ron, Looking at the 1900 census for Peder, I don't think he is married so I'll search the digitized records for a marriage. Carla

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ron Berg-Iverson

Peder also had a brother Ole who lived in Ulsrud nordre Parents Ole Olsen & Helene Pedersdtr. lived with him in 1865.Ole & Helene were married 7 July 1827 Østre Oten\ Peder was born 7 Mar.1838 in Ulsrud Dorthea Jensdtr. was born 14 Jan.1841 in Faarlund,Balke Parents Jens Andersen & Pernille Jacobsdtr. They married 13 Jan.1837 Østre Oten Jens b.1815 Østre Oten Pernille b.30 May 1818 Faarlund Pernilles parents Jacob Pedersen & Dorte Andersdtr. I also found a Palma Nøkleby buried 28 Sept.1971 Kolbu This could possibly be Palma Dahl b.1902 but no DOB shown. Ron

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ron Berg-Iverson

Peder Pedersen Aamot marr.Sigrid 10 Aug.1901 Østre Toten marriages 1901 Side 182 # 12 Here is Ole Olsen & wife Helene Pedersdtr with son Ole 1865 in Alsrud nord.There might be more children for Ole and Helene.I did not look in the records too much.Lenke

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ron Berg-Iverson

Carla,I found another brother Jens b.22 June 1833 Ulsrud He married Pernille Thomasdtr and lives in Ulsrud sondre. At the christening of Helene ( Eline )15 May 1860 Peder & Ole Ulsrud were shown as sponsors. Helene was named after Jens mother Helene Pedersdtr. I found no other children for Ole Olsen & Helene.RonLenke

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Carla J. Tweeton

Ron, I have found these children of Ole Olsen and Helene Pedersdatter; Pouline born 17 Aug. 1827, Ole born 30 Jan. 1830, Jens born 22 June 1833, Peder born 17 March 1838 and Brede born 22 Dec. 1845. Our gt. grandparents had 14 children, one dtr. married Ole Jacob Aamodt and another married Olaf Ulsrud. I have the church records for the South Immanuel church in Rothsay, MN and it shows the birth of Olaf B. Ulsrud in 1873 as the son of Brede Ulsrud and Pauline Pettersdatter. By finding the obit for Brede I might glean a little more info. Our local Historical Society has all newspapers for the area and an obit index which will be useful. Thanks again.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ron Berg-Iverson

Pouline O. married Ole Andersen 12 Nov.1846 Østre TotenLenkeI could not find the birth of Olaf B.1872-74 and no marriage for Brede & Pauline. Ron

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Arthur Peterson

The owners of Ulsrud are listed in TOTENS BYGDEBOK IV by Sven-Erik Ødegaard, published in 1984. I had to wait until the weekend to study the lines of descendants.Cannot help on Peder and Dortea as Åmot is not covered in this Bygdebok. As for the other children of Ole and Helene, Pauline and Ole Andersen go to Fossemøllen (not covered in this book) and Brede emigrates. Ole b 1830 takes over Ulsrud Nordre in 1898. And Jens b 1833 moves to Ulsrud Søndre.It is the descendants of Jens Olsen Ulsrud and Pernille Tomasdatter whom you will find still living on Ulsrud Søndre. The descendants of Ole Olsen Ulsrud and Anne Johannesdatter Bjørnstadbakken cease any listing after about 1930.I checked the Norwegian white pages with a search for Ulsrud and could match up names in this Bygedbok. If you give me an e mail address, I will tell you which ones. I will not list them here.However, here is the descendant line involvedØJens Olsen Ulsrud nordre b 1833 died 1922 married 1860 to Pernille Tomasdatter Hølstad østre born 1933 and died 1912.They had seven children. The oldest male, Ole, is the next owner of Ulsrud nordre.Ole Jensen Ulsrud b 1865 died 1914 married in 1900 to Kristine Larsdatter Festad b 1868 died 1949.Ole and Kristine had 8 children. The oldest male, Jens, is the next owner.Jens Olsen Ulsrud b 1905 married Solveig Ellinsen, Helgestad store østre born 1904.They have 7 children. It is one or more of these children who are still living there born between 1929 and 1946.So give me an e mail address and I will give you the names.Art

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Carla J. Tweeton

Art,Thank you for your spending the time to help us. Since this is part of a huge family of my gt. grandparents, it is of great interest.Carla wctweton@prtel.com

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.