Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#68009] What appears in the engagement records?

Gjest AJ Halla
 Del

Gjest AJ Halla

Can someone tell me besides the bride and groom, whose names are in the engagement records? I'm looking at page 353, about 8 down, Soren Torkildsen and Marthe Christensd.LenkeThank you!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Joy Sundrum

I get an error message when I click on your link. Please try again or give the flyke, and details. Thanks. Joy

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kjell Hamberg

Berit! The records you link up to appears to be christening records (for Ringsaker), not engagement (or marriage) records. There, the names besides the parents' (and child's) names are the godmother's and godfather's names.If we talk engagement records in general, the names appearing in addition to the bride's and groom's names in older records are usually the 'guarantors' (there may be a more correct term) verifying that the couple were who they said they were and weren't bound to marriage by any other vow.Kjell Hamberg

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Berit Knudsen

Sorry, this is christening and not engagement. Thank you Kjell, I just noticed it myself. But the names, page and number is correct.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Berit Knudsen

Sorry, this is christening and not engagement. Thank you Kjell, I just noticed it myself. But the names, page and number is correct.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest AJ Halla

Thank you, I was hoping that it would list her parents, but I didn't see any names that made sense.Lenke(Ringsaker, Hedmark; 9-5-1773)Thank you all for your help!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Svein Botterud

AJ,sorry for asking, but is your Halla surname from Brøttum? My interest is in the nedre Halla family. My father's aunt married Even Halla.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest AJ Halla

Hi Svein,Yes, my family lived in Brøttum, but on the øvre Halla farm--although I think a son-in-law lived on nedre Halla so in a way I'd be related to both.What is your great aunt's name?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.