Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#68126] Sjolie Family, Solar, Hedmark

Gjest Nancy Fostervold Halvorson
 Del

I'm in search of information on the following family of my husband's. Martinus/Martiunus Sjolie and wife Ingeborg (Olson). They were married in Norway. It is written that they came to Dakota County, Minnesota from Solar, Norway in 1859. They had the following children; Sever M., May 13, 1849 Ole, Sept. 2, 1852 Martin Peter/Peder Johan/John Magnus Mary AnnaI'm also helping a lady try to connect her family to mine if related she had a Pauline that also was a daughter to a Martinus Sjolie from Solar, I cannot find a connection.I can't find any of the family in Norway, part of the problem they were born to late or left too soon to be in the census. I don't have bydeboks with any of the Sjolie farms, which might help.Thanks for any help, Nancy

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kjellaug R. Petit

There are farms called Sjøli(d) many places in Hedmark in the 1865 census. A shame you don't know his father's first name:0418 Nordre Odalen 5 0419 Søndre Odalen 17 0420 Eidskog 28 0421 Vinger 18 0422 Brandvold 40 0423 Grue 3 0425 Aasnæs 74 0426 Vaaler 15 0432 Rendalen 29Maybe people from that area can help you.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kjellaug R. Petit

Det only place I find a link to Syver / Severt (as that was his first son's name) is here: [url="http://digitalarkivet.no/cgi-win/webcens.exe?slag=visbase&sidenr=86&filnamn=f60425&gardpostnr=317&personpostnr=2018#nedre>LenkeThen I find a Syver Syvertsen Sjøli (n° 22) who gets married in 1848 in Hof, maybe a brother of his? Aasnes was under Hof at that time. There are three brothers here (20/21/22) Their father is Syver Pedersen Sjøli.Kildeinformasjon: Hedmark fylke, Hof, Ministerialbok nr. 7 (1841-1848), Ekteviede 1848, side 181. Permanent sidelenke: Lenke Permanent bildelenke: Lenke Then I find that this same Syver Pedersen gets a son Martinus in June,1827:N° 121: Kildeinformasjon: Hedmark fylke, Hof, Ministerialbok nr. 6 (1822-1841), Fødte og døpte 1827, side 154-155. Permanent sidelenke: Lenke Permanent bildelenke:

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kjellaug R. Petit

BINGO!Martinus Syvertsen Sjøli from Hof marries Ingeborg Olsdtr on March 30, 1848 in Trysil (n° 6)Kildeinformasjon: Hedmark fylke, Trysil i Trysil, Ministerialbok nr. 4 /1 (1842-1850), Ekteviede 1848, side 444-445. Permanent sidelenke: [url="http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=9002&idx_id=9002&uid=ny&idx_side=-107>Lenke Permanent bildelenke:

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kjellaug R. Petit

Ingeborg Olsdtr must be n° 12 on the right page here: Kildeinformasjon: Hedmark fylke, Trysil i Trysil, Klokkerbok nr. 4 (1814-1841), Fødte og døpte 1827-1828, side 134-135. Permanent sidelenke: [url="http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=9179&idx_id=9179&uid=ny&idx_side=-71>Lenke Permanent bildelenke: LenkeFather: Ole Olsen and mother Johanne Johnsdtr, I think it's written Rødningen as a farmname, but one of the witnesses comes from Østbye.It's the only Ingeborg Olsdtr I can find i 1828.It seems that Rønningen must be under Østbye, this is probably Ingeborg's brother in 1865:

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kjellaug R. Petit

Martinus Syvertsen comes to Trysil in 1847 (n° 18)He came to work there: Kildeinformasjon: Hedmark fylke, Trysil i Trysil, Ministerialbok nr. 4 /1 (1842-1850), Inn- og utflyttede 1847, side 628-629. Permanent sidelenke: [url="http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=9002&idx_id=9002&uid=ny&idx_side=-138>Lenke Permanent bildelenke:

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kjellaug R. Petit

I've looked in Trysil and Hof, but I can't find their children's births. Where can they have lived before they emigrated in 1859? That's the question!Or could they possibly have left the state church and joined another congregration?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kjellaug R. Petit

Martinus Syversen's father and parents in 1801 (he was mentioned in the 1865 census above): [url="http://digitalarkivet.no/cgi-win/webcens.exe?slag=visbase&sidenr=10&filnamn=f18010424&gardpostnr=109&personpostnr=2988#nedre>LenkeIt'll be less easy to find Marthe Bergesdtr, there are many girls with such a name in the 1801 census. Maybe by checking their children's godmothers and godfathers, you'll be able to find it out. Or someone may have a bygdebook from the area.Their children were (some of them at least):Peder born 1815 Permanent sidelenke (bottom right page): Lenke Marthe born 1818 (n° 13 on the right page): Permanent sidelenke: LenkeBut there are no one with Berger as their father's name among the witnesses.Berger born 1822 (n° 17) Permanent sidelenke:

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Arild Kompelien

To (7) This Sjøli farm is Sjøli in Åsnes parish. Åsnes was separated from Hof 1848, but the church books for Åsnes 1848-66 were lost in a fire. So may be the family lived at Sjøli before emigration.I suggest you contact Magne Ivar Mellem at Solør Slektshistorielag at this e-mai: mmellem(at)online.no. He is working with emigration from Åsnes.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kjellaug R. Petit

That explains why thay can't be found. I was wondering about that.I'm sure Nancy can write to Magne Ivar Mellem herself with the information she now has.Thanks for the info, Arild-:)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thank you Kjellaug and Arild, I worked on this family yesterday and now I believe they came over in 1861 rather 1859 as written in a 1916 County history book. I will email Magne with the families information, hopefully he might find it helpful on his search. As Arild wrote about the Asnes parish, that's where I thought I would find them and discovered the years in question were not there.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.