Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#68340] Sogn og Fjordane: Johan Wiig in Hafslo

Gjest Richard R. Einerson
 Del

Hi, I have located the following baptism in Hafslo:29th March 1778, Johan Wiig's datter Olava Carine. Fadd: Sergient Cofod, Kristine Bremer, Dorthea Schielderup.I have not identified a marriage entry from the Parish register that fits this man's name. Is anyone familiar with the farm name 'Wiig'. I would like to know his full name and the mother's name of this child.Thanks,Richard

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jon Sværen

Har du sett på nr 36.344 om kva som står i 'Brukerforum' ?Du you have seen debatt no 36.344 in 'Brukarforum' ?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hi Jon,I believe you did contribute on a post that I stated a while back concerning a Kari Johnsdatter. I found this entry and Hafslo, and remembered I could not link up Johan Wiig with a marriage as there were so many in Hafslo involving the name Johannes. I am unable to pull up debate 36.344 at the moment. Concerning finding the baptism/parents of my Kari Johnsd., I am still chasing down the last few leads before I throw in the towel.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Lars E. Øyane

Richard, this family is described in vol. VI of the Luster County Farm and Family History Book series, under the farm #105, Leirholen, and shows that Olava's parents were:Johan Fredrik Nilsson Wiig, born in Ulstein Co., More and Romsdal Pce, Norway about 1749, died at the Moltu farm in Heroy Co., More and Romsdal Pce, Norway spring 1792. He married in Heroy Co. July 2, 1774 to Charlotte Abigael Iversdotter (Froise), born in Heroy Co. about 1752. She died at the Moltu farm in Heroy Co. on June 15, 1828.Hoping this helps, I remain,Lars E. Oyane

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Lars,Thank you so much for the information!!! I believe this very effectively rules out this baptism as being someone related to me. I notice you are quoting data from an area history of Luster? It just so happens you may be able to help with another entry I have found from the Luster Parish register: 8th May 1778, Baptized Kari, of Johannes Haerishoug and Brita Endresdatter. It appears that they were married: 7th January 1776, Betrothed, soldier and widower Johannes Boe with Grinde=Heimerslot Brita Endresdatter Hougen. I do not understand the meaning of 'Grinde=Heimerslot'. Johannes appears to have died on Hammerslot 18th November 1778, and Brita on 5th February 1792. I have found no other information on his daughter Kari. My interest in this entry relates to an exhaustive search I am performing to find the origins for a Kari Johnsdatter that appears on the 1801 census in Leikanger Parish, on the farm Tjon (she is my gr, gr, gr grandmother). I am wondering if this Kari from Luster may be her (???).

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Lars E. Øyane

Richard,I am sorry having to disappoint you, Kari Johannesdotter from Luster Co., born 1778, moved to Bergen. In 1801 she lived at Brattholmen in Fjell Co., and later she married Lorents Koster, so she can definitely be ruled out for your purpose.Cordially yours,Lars E. Oyane

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Lars, Thank you for the information; I am happy that we know for sure this is not my Kari. Regarding Hafslo, do you have any info on a person by the name Einer Andersen Tornebakken, baptized on 25th July 1772 to Anders Arnesen and Brithe Einersdatter? His parents died while he was only a young boy, and in 1801 appears in Gulen (Evindvig) on the Losenoen farm with his sister Lucie and brother Arne. Is it possible that Einer may have moved to Leikanger Parish and later the Tjon farm when he married?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Lars E. Øyane

Richard!Now this question of yours indeed stirs my interest, and we may be into business... I am unable to find as marriage record for Einer Andersson and Kari Johnsdotter of Tjonn, Leikanger, and being temporarily abroad, I don't have either the Leikanger County History Book at hand to see what it says about Einer and Kari.This problem has been discussed in the Digital Archives before, under item #10611, and in fact Einer from Hafslo has NEVER been found!Further research apperars to be necessary...Cordially yours,Lars E. Oyane

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Lars, Joy!!! Here is what I know based on data I have found using the Digitalarkivet parish registers. If we assume that Einer Andersen from Hafslo as being the man who settled in Leikanger, then his first marriage at Rinde church was to Synneve Bentsdatter Tjon in 1802. His second marriage was to Kari Johnsdatter Helland in 1811. I apologize, as I do not have the dates offhand, but for some reason the marriage in 1811 fails to come up using the Sogn database. Anyway, Einer died on Tjon in 1837, at the age of '68 years'. Early on in my search for my relative Einer, I ruled out all the others I found in the various parishes in Sogn. I think it is safe to say my relatives Einer and Kari were humble poor-folk, with no entitlements or family wealth to support them. Unfortunately, I cannot find a baptism that seems to match my Kari Johnsdatter, born circa 1778. Do you know how I might find someone with the so-called 'bygdebooks' that may shed light on this? Ruling out the Kari from Luster (in your earlier post) the only other option I can consider is a Kari Johannesdatter born in 1777 in Sogndal to Johannes Erichsen Engesaetter and Brithe Andersdatter. I initially ruled this one out as Johannes appears on the 1801 census with his son, minus Kari, and died in 1806. I find it difficult to believe he would have shipped her off to Helleland for her to be confirmed at Rind in 1796 by herself (???). I am open to suggestions if you have any?Thanks,Richard

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Lars, After my last post I read the debate about Lucie Andersdatter. I had also found with much suprise Arne Andersen Losenoen's marriage to Brithe Balzarsd. A very candid question for you, why would Arne Andersen and presumably his brother Einer have married such old women, just a few months apart in 1802?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.