Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#68572] Rasmer Christofferson Research

Gjest Chris Vokaty
 Del

Gjest Chris Vokaty

I found your contact info the Volunteer Norway Look up website. I am doing a search for my ancestors and am stuck on the following person. Below is all the information I have and was hoping you could either provide me more information or point me in the right direction.Rasmer Christofferson Born 1815 – LUdoff, Horland Norway ( this is all the info we have) Died March 22, 1908 – Postville, Iowa We think he came to the US in 1870-1872 Wife is unknown but we do know she died in Norway. The Children we know of are:Walter Christofferson Born – 1860 in Ludoff Horland? Hans Christofferson Born January, 10th, 1848 in Ludoff, HorlandThank you so much for any help you can give me. Chris

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kjellaug R. Petit

Do you have any idea when they emigrated?I can't find any such names as Ludoff or Lardoff. Horland could be Hordaland.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Chris Vokaty

I have found Walter, the son of the assumed Rasmer did have his name spelled CHRISTOPHERSON in a couple Iowa publications. Also Walter's son Elba (Elbe in Iowa) had the middle name Rasmusson......so maybe Rasmusson could be the last name in Norway?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kjellaug R. Petit

I have tried global search on the 1865 census (father's name begins with 'Rasm' and surename contains 'risto' with a son Hans) and these came up, but the age is not right for the various Hans: [url="http://digitalarkivet.no/cgi-win/webcens.exe?slag=visbase&sidenr=4&filnamn=f60719&gardpostnr=118&personpostnr=650#nedre>LenkeAnother Rasmus with son Hans, but the birthyear is not at all the same: LenkeStill another candidate:

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jon Erik Berg-Hansen

You find only a few persons listed in the 1865 census first name starting with Wal/Val/Wol/Vol,none of them with a patronymicon starting with Chr/Kr or Rasm!!!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Chris Vokaty

Yes these are the children of Rasmer and I even found Rasmer Christoffersons grave in Postville, Iowa so will send Mom to see if there is any info on the grave stone. Thanks for all the help now we just need to find out any info on Rasmer or even Walter and Han's birth in Norway, that may lead us to more clues.Thanks so much everyone...I hope to get to Norway soon and visit my heitage and it would be great to be able to look are some things or visit some of my relations.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kjellaug R. Petit

Hans may not have been at home in 1865, I find a Hans Rasmussen 17 years old in Hammer: [url="http://digitalarkivet.no/cgi-win/WebCens.exe?slag=visbase&sidenr=8&filnamn=f61254&gardpostnr=826&personpostnr=4856#nedre>LenkeThat's the nearest I come to Bergen and it seems to be the only one with such a name in Hordaland. But his parents are Rasmus Stephensen and Ingeb org hansdtr and unfortunately he was born in 1849!I don't think your Hans can come from Hordaland!There were two from Sogn and Fjordane and it can't be any of them either since the father of the one from Hestad /Gaular is called Rasmus Hansen and the father of the one from Årberg is called Rasmus Andersen.There are 3 in Møre and Romsdal, but none of them ca be yours either.But in Asker, I found a Hans Rasmussen who works on a farm where the farmer is called Nils Christophersen:

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kjellaug R. Petit

A blind shot again, his parents must be Rasmus Hellesen and Johanne Christophersen: Permanent sidelenke: [url="http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=7735&idx_id=7735&uid=ny&idx_side=-287>LenkeAnd on top of that, the birthdate is not right. He was baptized on Sep 10 - 1848, but I've seen before that the birthdate may be wrong. Could he have taken his mother's name??Rasmus Hellesen is a widower in 1865 and he does have a young son, but I can't see how Johan could be turned into Walter: LenkeThere's no Walter to be found with either Rasmussen or Christophersen as surnames.I can't find any Rasmus Christophersen in the emigration records either.But I found a Hans Rasmussen (age not quite right):

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.