Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#68663] Lena Ryan's Birthdate Confirmed

Gjest Kim Schmitt
 Del

Gjest Kim Schmitt

Could some confirm for me if she came from Bergen or trodjiem please. Her birthdate is march 18,1863. I have no clue who her parents are. Thanks Kim

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Mariann Stokken

Hello Kim :-) It is _very_ difficult to locate Lena`s family with this little information.In Bergen there is a lot of church books to look through, and the same for Trondheim.And maybe the closest town was Bergen or Trondheim, then it will be a lot of more books....Kind regards Mariann. PS: if you are able to locate more information, the people here are more than willing to help you!! I`m sure :-))

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Mariann Stokken

Have you located her/her family in some of the US Census`?That would maybe help, because then we maybe can find her in the emigration list`s.Kind regards Mariann.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kim Schmitt

Yes I have confirmed she did come to the United states . The 1920 United states Census year of Immigration was 1861. She married Morris Oleson from Elvrum in Minneasota, And resisded in MPLS. Morris parents were from Elverum and Gran. Nels olsen and Helene Hansdr. Nels and Helene resided in Ham Lake,MN. Helene immigrated 1867and Nels or Nils I cant find.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kim Schmitt

Yes I have confirmed she did come to the United states . The 1920 United states Census year of Immigration was 1861. She married Morris Oleson from Elvrum in Minneasota, And resisded in MPLS. Morris parents were from Elverum and Gran. Nels olsen and Helene Hansdr. Nels and Helene resided in Ham Lake,MN. Helene immigrated 1867and Nels or Nils I cant find.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Mariann Stokken

I found them in the Census 1920, it is written 1861 (born 1863, immigrated 1861?) as you told, but in the census 1930 it`s written 1879, that sounds more correct :-)Kind regards Mariann.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Mariann Stokken

Two questions: 1)where have you found the name Ryan?2)why do you believe that she was born in Trondheim or Bergen?Kind regards Mariann.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Mariann Stokken

The Census 1900 tells that her immigration is unknown, this was difficult :-/But I think we will be able to locate her, but only with work :-))Kind regards Mariann.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jon Erik Berg-Hansen

(5)'She married Morris Oleson from Elvrum in Minneasota'. Have you found their marriage listed? Have you tried finding her listed becoming a US citizen (papers of naturalization)? The farmname Ryan / Ryen is found in several Norwegian parishes.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kim Schmitt

Marian, Yes I have I have been looking and reading your responses. I have been searching in the trodhiem census 1865 but nothing comes close. I have her marriage record .It was may 5 th 1883. They spelt her name oline Ryan. She got married in Minneasota. She died July 14th 1956 in minneasota. She married Morris or maurits Olson from Elverum. His dad was Niels Olson from Gran and His mother from Elverum. I have had no luck but htought came close with a spelling Rinnan thinking it wa another spelling for Ryan or Ryen. Sorry Kim

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kim Schmitt

Marian, Yes I have I have been looking and reading your responses. I have been searching in the trodhiem census 1865 but nothing comes close. I have her marriage record .It was may 5 th 1883. They spelt her name oline Ryan. She got married in Minneasota. She died July 14th 1956 in minneasota. She married Morris or maurits Olson from Elverum. His dad was Niels Olson from Gran and His mother from Elverum. I have had no luck but htought came close with a spelling Rinnan thinking it wa another spelling for Ryan or Ryen. Sorry Kim

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Aud Marion Røen

I wonder if this is our Lena (# 10) - her name at the baptism is Oline - she is born March 18th 1863 in Sparbu, North Trøndelag.It was not unusual that Oline became 'changed' to Lena in USA. Her parents are Ole Kristoffersen Ryanplads and wife Anne Larsdatter. [url="http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=16928&idx_id=16928&uid=ny&idx_side=-13>Lenke From 1865 census - and her name is written Lina ! The census gives wrong year of birth, but I think this is the family you are looking for.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Aud Marion Røen

Oline Olsd. from Sparboen`s immigration in 1881. Her name and age fit. [url="http://www.digitalarkivet.no/cgi-win/webcens.exe?slag=visbase&sidenr=12&filnamn=EMITROND&gardpostnr=22727&merk=22727#ovre>LenkeHer immigration from the church book (# 3 'Udflyttede', right page). Looks like she is travelling with m man (relative ?) from Ryanplads (# 2).

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Aud Marion Røen

Oline Olsd. Ryanplads` confirmation in 1878 (# 95). Parents: Ole Kristoffersen and Ane Katrine Larsdatter Lenke (born March 18th, 1863)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Åse K. Kristiansen

The farm name is Ryan, and the family lived on a subfarm called Ryanplass. Most likely a cotter's place.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kim Schmitt

Hi, So Ole Kristoffersen came from the Farm Ryansplass or plad. When the 1865 census was taken they moved to the farm Finaesset. Correct ?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Aud Marion Røen

Yes, I see that there is a different name in the census, but I do think it is 2 names for the same place. Perhaps there is an explanation to this in 'bygdebøker' for Sparbu ? I don`t have books for this area, but hopefully some others can help here ?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.