Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#68699] Abraham Abrahamsen Eitland

Gjest Gordon Ryersen
 Del

Gjest Gordon Ryersen

Hello, I am looking for information about him, his wife and children. His children were Abraham, Pauline(born 1892), Adolph, and Sara who was married to Remine Apeland. In the Svinor book by Guldbransen in the Reiersen house there, she is noted by husband Thorleif Reiersen, it says Pauline was from Austad. Any help is appreciated!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Gordon Ryersen

Looks like this may be them. I was off on the date of Pauline, and could not find her, as I took it from a 1930 USA census record for Thorleif and Pauline Reiersen in Staten Island, Richmond, NY. Many thanks Berit!!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Gordon Ryersen

Hi, With your help, I found the immigration records for Abraham and Gabriel, it says Gabriel was born in Farsund, maybe the records are there for their birth??? Tusen takk.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Berit Knudsen

Strange, but I have found only 1 child: Anna Berdine born Dec. 12 1876 and bapt. Jan.14 1877 in Lyngdal. Maybe she emmigrated to America, because she got an Attest 25/4 91. I have searched the churchrecords for Lyngdal-Austad 1875-1885 and Lyngdal 1877-1882 and no children.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Gordon Ryersen

hi Berit, I am not having any luck either. Is it possible she did not register her births with the church? Have you ever heard of that? Thanks again Berit for all of your searching. Thanks to all of the others who looked also!!!!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ron Berg-Iverson

The fathers name is shown as Abraham Andreassen not Abrahamsen.Did Abraham use 2 names? Gordon says his name is Abraham Abrahamsen Eitland?Ron

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Gordon Ryersen

Hi all, Pauline was also known here in the USA as (maiden name)Pauline Anderson, according to her daughter who is still alive. She said that the brothers used Abrahamsen. This little bit of information may help. Tusen Takk!!!!!!!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Gordon Ryersen

Also, the daughter of Pauline says that Pauline's brother and father both used the name Abraham Abrahamsen. I can also see that in the 1930 USA census on Ancestry.com, the brother in law Abraham Abrahamsen is listed as living with Thorleif and Pauline Reiersen.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ron Berg-Iverson

Pauline Elisabeth conf.9 Oct.1904 Austad b.6 Sept.1890 ( Hautland? )chr.14 Sept 1890 Herad-Spind? I could not find her in the records Gordon.Ron

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ron Berg-Iverson

Abraham Andreassen b.28 May 1844 Eitland chr.23 June 1844 Andreas Aslagsen ( Aslaksen ) & Cathrine Pedersdtr Found in Austad church book. When you are researching in Norway use the names that are found in the church records.Names were changed when they went to the US and Canada.Pauline Abrahamsdtr. would become Pauline Abrahamsen or Abrahamson for example.Her brother would remain Abraham Abrahamsen.Also many emigrants used the farm name in Norway as a surname.This leads to a lot of searching farms with the same name!! Ron

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Gordon Ryersen

Hi Ron and Berit, Thank you both for trying so hard. Do you think they were moving from place to place over the years in Southern Norway??

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ron Berg-Iverson

Gordon,I forgot to mention about Pauline using Anderson? No doubt she used her fathers last name Andreasen which is also Andersen ( Anders & Andreas often confused )

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ron Berg-Iverson

I doubt they moved around Gordon.Abraham Andreassen was born 1844 in Eitland and was still there in 1900. You could probably find his father or mother around there before that.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ron Berg-Iverson

Andreas Aslagsen f.Eitland age 33 marr.4 Aug.1835 Austad Berte Catrine Pedersdtr.( Hausevig? ) age 31 So Andreas was born in Eitland ( Eidland )

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ron Berg-Iverson

Aslak Torkilsen marr. Ester Sørensdtr.29 Dec.1796 Lyngdal Ester chr.11 April 1777 LyngdalSøren Ejtlan ( Eitland ) & Gunil

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ron Berg-Iverson

Gunil,Esters mother is enke Gunna in 1801 Eitland Torchil Nielssen age 60 is possibly Aslaks father?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Gordon Ryersen

Ron, do you think that Pauline is simply forgotten in the registers regarding her birth, or is your best guess that she is mis-filed? Have you ever had another that the birth record is not found? Just your best educated guess.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.