Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#68699] Abraham Abrahamsen Eitland

Gjest Gordon Ryersen
 Del

Gjest Ron Berg-Iverson

I am still looking Gordon.Yes,somtimes the record is misplaced.But I think I found Aslags family.When he married Ester Sørensdtr. it said he came from Haalesvig? Here is Haalesvig in Austad in 1801.And you can see a Torchel Olssen & Rachel Toralsdtr.Could be the parents of Aslag Torcheldsen. Lenke

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ron Berg-Iverson

Ellis Island shows Pauline arriving 4 Sept.1906 NY on SS Oscar 11 from Kristiansand Pauline Andresjen Austad Sogn Reference was friend Emanuel Jacobsen,Brooklyn,NY With Pauline was Sara Jacobsen age 27 Austad Sogn reference husband Emanuel Jacobsen in Brooklyn,NY Son Sigurd Jacobsen age 2 y. 6 m.Austad Sogn reference father Emanuel Jacobsen in Brooklyn,NY

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ron Berg-Iverson

If you look above Pauline in Kristiansund you will see Sara Isaksen & son Sigurd Isaksen.Why the name change on arrival at NY I have no idea.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Gordon Ryersen

Good Morning Ron and Berit,Thank you for taking the time to find all of these records for me. It was very nice of you to help. There is a lot of great family history here!!! My heartfelt appreciation to you both.....FANTASTIC!!!!!!.........Gordon

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Harald Søren Storaker

The family is mentioned page 330-334 i Austad I bygdebok. Abraham Andreassen Eitland (1844-1821) 1875 m.t. Rebine Gundersdatter Prestjord (1847-1921). Children: Anne Berdine (1876-1948), Sara (1879- ) m.t. Severin Emanuel Jakobsen Djupvig (1877- ), Gabriel (1881- ), Adolf (1884- ), Anne Remine (1887- ), Pauline Elisabet (1890- ), Abraham (1893- ). The family lived on Stautland in Spind 1879-1890. 1922 the land was handed to Anne Berdine, 1899 m.t. Edvard Severin Nilsen Eitland (1877- ).There is information of descendants of Anne Berdine, and ancestors on Eitland back to 1589.PS I live 5 km from Eitland.

bilete6849.jpg

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ron Berg-Iverson

Hei Harald You possibly have solved who Sara Isaksen/Jacobsen that emigrated with Pauline 1906 from Kristiansund is.It was Paulines sister Sara f.1879 and her son Sigurd f.1903? I see Sara married Severin Emanuel Jakobsen Djupvig who is probably Emanuel Jacobsen in Brooklyn.Ron

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Gordon Ryersen

Thanks Ron, Harald and Berit. This is ALL great information. It is more than I thought I would find when I started looking and was coming up blank on Pauline's side.I do have one mystery that I would love to solve, I have tried before, but there are some great minds at work here!!! My GM Othea Borufsen/Andreasdatter Aavik(Spangereid) born 1880, daughter of Andreas Borufsen Aavik. I would love to find the record of her return from Brooklyn to Norway in/about 1914, with my dad and his brothers Ingvald, Gustav, Andrew/Elmer and Gunvald. It has been an elusive record for me so far. I have all of the immigration records when three of them ended up back in the USA in the 20's-30's, and my GF's coming and goings. An item of note is that if you look at the original request for Eitland, my GF Ingvald Gustavus Reiersen, lived next door to the Thorleif and Pauline Reiersen family in the Norwegian section of Staten Island in the 1930 USA census.Many, Many Tusen takks! Harald...long time since we spoke last, I hope tou and yours are well!! Ron, thanks for being so thorough, my hat is off to you, you really knew your way around those parish registers!!!mvh Gordon

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ron Berg-Iverson

Sorry Gordon you can not get information on passengers leaving the US.Only inbound.Are you looking for information for Ingvald Reiersen? Ron

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ron Berg-Iverson

Ingvald Gustav Reiersen f.1.1.1910 Spangereid emigrated 1927 from Kristiansund to New York Here is Thorleif ( Torleiv )Reiersen in Svinør S.UndalLenke

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ron Berg-Iverson

Othea Børufsen b.1880 emigrated 12 Feb.1903 Kristiansund Børufsen family in 1900 Aavig.S.Undal Did you have her information from Ellis Island Gordon?Lenke

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ron Berg-Iverson

My error.Ingvald Reiersen emigrated from Kristiania 1927 With him was Gustav Gulbrandsen,Thora Marie Gulbrandsen and daughter Evelyn Gulbrandsen all US Citizens. In Ellis Island Lists Othea is listed Othea Barnfin SS Grosser Kurfurst from St Michaels on 21 Mar.1903 With Othea was Olava Olsen b.1869.Both from Aarvig Reference was Olavas husband Mr Olsen # 59 Vordshill St? Brooklyn,NY.Possibly Olava was a relative of Otheas?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Gordon Ryersen

Tusen takk Ron, that last entry of Othea as Barnfrin instead of Borufsen, I did not have, MANY, MANY THANKS. That is a great record.Also, Since there are no Outbound records, Is there an Inbound record when they arrived back to Norway in 1914?I am not sure if Olava was related to Othea, as I know of no Olsens from that tribe. I took a look at the possible cousins, although I do not have them all, that I am sure. It probably is her cousin, but I cant say for sure. There is a cousin Olevine, could Olava be short for that?Regards, Gordon

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ron Berg-Iverson

Norway works in reverse with Ellis Island Gordon.haha! No inbound lists for Norway only outbound.Olevine could be Olava.According to the records she was born 1869 so that might help.There was another passenger with them in Ellis Island who gave a reference for friend Tom Olsen Vordshill St. Brooklyn but I dont see any connection with Othea.Was there a Vordshill St? Is the Ingvald Gustav Reiersen b.1910 your Ingvald? I noticed a similarity with (1) your first posting.But Ingvald was only 17 in 1927 so I was not sure he is your grandfather? What relation would he be to Thorleif? His son? Ron

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ron Berg-Iverson

Olevine Natalie b.7 Mar.1869 Aavig Ole Andreas Øuensen & Else Marie Reinertsdtr Aavig I went back and looked at the manifest for Othea again. Olava is a US citizen and lived in Brooklyn for 6 years! Otheas reference were her 2 brothers? C/O #59 Woodshill? Same address as Olavas husband.Its written Vordshill but down further another entry says Woodhill St. Brooklyn. Looks like a Norske enclave in Brooklyn!Ron

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ron Berg-Iverson

Yes all the Børufsens went to the same area in Brooklyn Gabriel Borresen b.1883 4 May 1900 Ellis Is. Bernhard Borufsen b.1878 16 Oct 1902 Ellis Is. Gurine b.1887 24 April 1904 Ellis Is. Christian b.1894 ( aka Kristian )13 April 1910 Ellis Is 15 April 1916 Ellis Is.ref. was brother Bernhard Bjorufsen in Brooklyn.1910 entry for Christian shows bro in law Ryersen in Brooklyn.Ellis Is.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Gordon Ryersen

Hi Ron, sorry for the delay in my reply, I just got in from NYC. Went to see the new Citi Field they built for the NY Mets to replace their old Shea Stadium....What a place!!Anyhow, Ingvald Reiersen 1910 was my dad. The name got changed on the return back from Norway to the USA for my dad and his 2 brothers. One ended up Ryersen, the other two are Reiersen and Reyerson. I grew up in Brooklyn, but not in that part, I'll have to look at a map. In the early 1900's the Norskies settled in Downtown and migrated their way to Park Slope and then Bay Ridge, Brooklyn. Some settle on Staten Island, as did my GF Ingvald, who lived next to Thorleif who was a cousin to my dad.I usually only research my closer family, but the reason that I researched Thorleif and Pauline is special. Months ago I had placed an on line ad looking for anyone who may have lived on that block in Eltingville Staten Island near my grandfather. I knew it was a needle in a haystack/hail mary pass, but who knows. Well about 2 weeks ago, I got a response from a gentleman who used to live there. Well he did not know my families, as a few of them lived on that same block. But, he did know a nice lady who would have lived there in the 30-40's. Well to my delight, she lived next door to my GF, and was willing to share lots of great information about him, which was great, as I have just about none. Her dad, Thorleif and my GF Ingvald were best of friends, and now that you helped me break through some barriers, I was able to figure out a cousin connection as well!!!So how exciting to find her, as she says that she has some photos of my GF too.Again, I am very grateful to you and the others for heling me get through this more than typical search.mvhGordon

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ron Berg-Iverson

Great stuff Gordon.You never know what a simple posting can lead to. My grandfather came from Ibestad,Troms in Northern Norway and my grandmother came from Brønnøy and Trondheim. Ron

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Gordon Ryersen

Tusen takk again Ron. Three of my grandparents are from Vest Agder, and the fourth, Ingvald was born in Sveio, Hordaland. He would be the most northern born. Best, Gordon

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.