Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#68790] Halvor Halvorsen Nordre-Flatla of Jevnaker

Gjest Richard R. Einerson
 Del

I am looking for the parents of this man born about 1668, and buried in Jevnaker Parish on 9 February 1738 aged 70 years. Searching through the 1664 census, I located a person that may have been his father: Halvor Andersen Helgeland born about 1626. Several people using the name Helgeland appear as baptism sponsors for this family living on Flata. Does anyone have information that may corroborate or exclude this connection? Thank you, Richard

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Svein Arnolf Bjørndal

Halvor Halvorsen Nordre Flatla was son of Halvor Amundsen Kirkeihle born ca. 1622, Kirkeihle is in Nes parish, Hedmark.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Svein, Thank you for the reply. If I may please ask, what is the source for this information? When I searched the 1664 census for this farm and individual under the county of Hedmark, Nes Parish, I do not find either. Were the boundries drawn differently during this time period?Thank you kindly, Richard

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I don't think Hedmark county is transcribed at all. My information comes from the paper copy of the census.Halvor Halvorsen Flatla had at least 4 brothers and 1 sister. The brothers were Amund Halvorsen Virstad, Lunner, Hadeland (ca. 1657-1722), Ole Halvorsen Haug, Norderhov, Ringerike, Buskerud (ca. 1661-1739), Auden Halvorsen Søndre Ballangrud, Lunner (ca. 1663-1720), Jacob Halvorsen, he might have lived in Norderhov, at least he had a daughter Marthe Jacobsdatter, who in 1722 lived at Haug in Norderhov (with his uncle Ole?).At the court in Lunner 14/6 1719 Amund Virstad said that he was born in 'Hedemarken' and had been in Lunner parish for 42 years (since 1677). Hedemarken is the historical name for the parishes along the eastern part of the lake Mjøsa. The only family I have found in the 1664/66 census among these parishes that fits the above mentioned names (minus Halvor and Jacob, who were born later), is the family of Halvor Amundsen Kirkeihle in Nes parish.Halvor Amundsen is last mentioned at Kirkeihle in 1679/80, but in a tax register from 1680 the farm is said to be deserted. It was not used for some years. Probably the whole family went to Hadeland and Ringerike. Amund Halvorsen, who married a girl from Virstad, might have moved first, and when he successfully settled down, the rest of the family might have moved next.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Svein, Wow this is all very facinating. I am familiar with Amund Halvorsen Virstad, and suprised that he is related (I had no idea). I have some information on him from the RB archives that a lady very kindly shared with me. I will have to look for it right away. So we can suspect then that Halvor Ammundsen may have died around 1680, and not moved to Lunner near his son living on Virstad? The court case involving Ammund Halvorsen you mention is of course very crucial. What piece of evidence ties Halvor Halvorsen to Ammund Halvorsen (being brothers, I mean)? Also, did these people have the wherewithall to buy farms in Lunner? From the Hadeland probate index, I found the death and probate of Kari Ellingsdatter Flatla in 1722, where she appears to be listed as the owner of Flatla, so perhaps Halvor was a husmand before marrying.Thank you,

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

In the probate of Amund Halvorsen 30/11 1722 Halvor Halvorsen Flatla is explicit mentioned as the dead man's brother, and was appointed as guardian of Amund's daughters Lussi and Marthe.There are similar sources tieing all the brothers together, or it is mentioned in court cases.Maybe Halvor Amundsen went with his family to Hadeland and Ringerike or maybe not. If he had debt, it might have been mentioned at the court in Nes that he had moved or had died, but I have not checked that up yet. (And I don't know when I have the time to do it).Halvor Amundsen Kirkeihle was not a cotter or 'husmann', but hired the farm he lived at. I don't think that Halvor Halvorsen ever was a cotter either. He hired the farm Åslund before he came to Flatla. He bought Flatla in 1708. Halvor might have lived at a Løken farm in 1697, but within 1699 he was at Åslund.Kari Ellingsdatter was by the way from Igulsrud/Igelsrud, daughter of Elling Andersen Igulsrud, originally from Søndre Knestang in Norderhov) and Marthe Jonsdatter (from Gunnstad in Jevnaker, Hadeland).

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Svein, I am extremely impressed at all the information you have collected on these people, it must have been a lot of work! As I am sure you have already deduced, I am a direct descendant of Halvor Halvorsen and Kari Ellingsdatter. Best regards, Richard.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.