Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#68855] Gullik Østensen

Gjest Kay F. Jetton
 Del

Gjest Kay F. Jetton

I am searching for birth/baptism of Gullik Østensen. He is said to have been born 1761 in Gjerpen parish Telemark. I did find a Gunlick, son of ______ Hansen, in the folloiwng records: Telemark county, Gjerpen, Parish register (official) nr. 2 (1747-1795), Birth and baptism records 1761, item # 36. It appears that the name of the farm where they lived is also in the entry, but I am having a hard time reading it. Can someone help me with this?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kristian Hunskaar

The Gullik (or 'Gunlich') that you've found, can't be the right one, as his father's name is Kristen Hansen ('Christen Hansen'). According to Norwegian naming traditions, the first name of Gullik's father ought to be Østen.Which source tells you that Gullik Østensen was born 1761 in Gjerpen?The place of living, which you had a hard time reading, seems to be 'Borrestad Ejet' - probably a cotter's house at the farm Borgestad.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kay F. Jetton

Thank you for clarifying the entry for me. I didn't think this was the correct record, as Gullik's father in the entry looked like Christen to me also.Someone had sent me information from Sandsvær Bygdebok # 6, page 322 which indicated that Gullik was from Telemark, and that his daughter Kari was born 1793 in Langerudsdalen (Gjerpen). However, I found baptismal record for Kari (or Karen) in Sandsvær Parish register #2, page 98. She was baptized on 14 July 1793 and Gullik is listed as being from Hoppestad.I also found the marriage record of Gullik Aasteensen? and Inger Nielsdatter in Gjerpen Parish register # 2, page 233. They were married 21 March 1793.In 1801 census they are living on Liøterud Eje farm in Sandsvær Parish (subparish Hedenstad), Buskerud County, as indicated in link given by Unni.I had checked other years in the Gjerpen Parish registers, but could not find Gullik's baptism. I have also check the Sandsvær parish registers without any luck there. Guess my next task is to check the all Telemark county parishes.I do appreciate everyones help very very much! Thanks!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kristian Hunskaar

According to the marriage entry, Gullik and/or Inger were from the Luksefjell area, which is located north in Gjerpen. From Luksefjell, the distance is relatively short to Sauherad and Sandsvær, and those parishes would be my first choice if I was to seek Gullik's origin.By the way, the farm name in the baptism entry (1793) is not Hoppestad (which is a farm name in Gjerpen), but 'Hopstul', which should be identified with Hoppestul in Sandsvær (Efteløt subparish).

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kay F. Jetton

Thank you all very much! When trying to read the marriage record I could not read where they were from. Thank you Kristian! I believe that I checked the Sandsvær records, but will do so again just in case I missed something. I will be checking out the parish registers of Sauherad also. I certainly appreciate all this help!! Thanks to everyone! Have a wonderful day!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.