Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#68870] Berte Cathrine Biørnsdatter f. 1739 in Vanse

Gjest Patricia Carlsen Mikkelsen
 Del

Could someone please help me figure out the name of the farm where Berte Cathrine Biørnsdatter was born? Here is the link to her baptism.LenkeBerte married Hans Pedersen Ellenes in 1764.I would appreciate any help with this.Hilsen Patti Mikkelsen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Harald Søren Storaker

Probably Tømmerwig. I don't know where Tømmervig in Lista is. There is in 1865 census a Tømmervig in Hidra Lenke

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Harald Søren Storaker

In these two records the name looks like Timmerwig, which is a different spelling of the same name (probably more following the local accent). Tømmer = timmer = timber.Lista I bygdebok page 318 has this about the subfarm Hessviga (under Vigan): Bjørn Bjørnsen was the first known man living in Hessviga. He was married to Karen, and had at least two daughters, Anna, 1762 m.t. Sven Andersen Jølle, and Inger Marie, 1766 m.t. Andreas Mikkelsen Vigan. Inger Marie was a widow on Hessviga in 1801 census [url="http://digitalarkivet.no/cgi-win/webcens.exe?slag=visbase&sidenr=6&filnamn=f18011041&gardpostnr=98&personpostnr=2071&merk=2071#ovre>LenkeThe name of the main farm is Vigan, which means 'the wicks'. So perhaps Tømmervig was one of the small wicks, a name not used any more.Map LenkeThe Lista book gives no more information about Bjørn Bjørnsen. Perhaps he was married in Sirdal parish

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Again, many thanks, Harald!Yes, I thought in the other two records, the farm looked like it started with 'Ti'.Also, thank you for the map link. I see that Vigan is not too far from Ellenes, which is where Berte Cathrine went to live when she married Hans Pedersen.Berte & Hans named one of their daughters Karen, so it makes sense that it was Berta's mother's name.mvh Patti

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I found the marriage record for Bjørn Bjørnsen in Lund (Rogaland) -- engaged 29 Dec 1724, married 1 Nov 1725. Here is their engagement: LenkeBjørn was from Haukeland in Lund and Karen Aanensdatter was from Grunnevik in Nes. Bjørn was the son of Bjørn Lejelsen & Kirsten Jensdatter.Is it likely that this couple would come to Vigan in Vanse?Hilsen Patti

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.