Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#68895] I need help with translation Please

Gjest Kim Schmitt
 Del

Gjest Kim Schmitt

Could some help with translation please. The ink is to thick at times . Also who helped interprit Helene Hansdatter For me That was a great help I will look into byeboks for more detailed information. Thanks KimPermenant page link:www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=9349&idx_id=9349&uid=ny&idx_side=86The very last line on the page.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Berit Knudsen

I hope it is the right churchrecord because your link does not work.1 feb.-3.feb 1828 Anne. Parents huusmand (cotter) Peder Erichsen and Marie Olsdatter Tufs ejet. Witnes: Hans and Jøran and Thorger? Tuf, Marthe Tufs ejet. Erich Melbostad.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kim Schmitt

Lets try this again.Oppland County, Gran, Parish register (1824-1842), Birth and Baptism records ,1830-1831,page 161-162. Hopefully this info is easier than the page link it self. Translation Please and thanks Kim The last line on the page.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kim Schmitt

Berit, are you telling me these are the same person with two different dates? I noticed that the 1829 there was something written underneath the names Niels-re x4-1830. But I believe the 1830 is more correct due to the birthdate and baptismal. If you know any more I could usethe information. Thanks Kim

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kim Schmitt

Hey Everyone The Nels I have moved to Minneasota and died there. His birthdate was November 30,1830. He married Helene Hansdatter from Elverum. Have a happy easter Kim

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kjell H Myhre

Kim !Given that Niels' birthdate actually was November 30th 1830, it's no way unlikely that he's identical with the Niels Olsen that Berit is linking to above. This Niels was renamed after his older brother, (see below) and was the fifth youngest child of tenant farmer Ole Nilsen Eggeiet and his wife Mari Jacobsdtr. The all together 11 neighbouring Egge farms are located in Brandbu, Hadeland, and reigned during the first half of the 19th century more than 30 tenant farms; in the church records generally hallmarked with the appendix “eiet” added to the actual farm name. Seeing you know Niels’ exact birthday, I suspect you also might have some indications that he originates from the Hadeland region of Norway, am I right ? And there are actually indications that Niels Olsen Eggeeiet emigrated. He announced his departure from Brandbu on May 20th 1856, reported to be unmarried. His point of destination was Christiania, (later Oslo) but it’s a well known fact that the vast majority of villagers who went to Oslo actually embarked a sailing vessel as they got to town, and emigrated. In this particular case, Niels evidently seem to have married Helena Hansdtr. subsequent to his arrival in America. Does this theory correspond to your own information ?Ole Nielsen Bilden and Mari Jacobsdtr. Egge were married November 6th 1824, and had the following children:Marie, b. August 10th 1824 at Bildeneiet - Jacob, b. December 25th 1825 at Eggeeiet - Kari, b. September 7th 1827 at Eggeeiet - Niels, b. November 25th 1829 at Eggeeiet - d. January 16th at (eastern) Eggeeiet. -Niels, b. November 30th at Eggeeiet. Sponsors were Engebret Branhagen, Niels Augededalseiet, Elena Bildeneiet, Guldbrand and Kierstie Egge Peder, b. July 21st 1833 at Eggeeit.If you based on the above notes are able to confirm whether Niels Olsen Eggeeiet is likely to be identical with the individual about whom you seek information, I can possibly provide further enlightenment on his ancestors. At the same time, I’d be very interesting in learning more about the details of Niels’ and Helena’s emigration.Yours sincerely, Kjell H Myhre

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kim Schmitt

Kjell!! It sounds like you have done more resarch than I have.Niels probaly did leave gran, and around that time he did mary Helene Hansdatter may 24,1861. He lived in Elverum for most of the time. He and helene had 5 kids Mauritz, Ovidia,Henrietta,,Nora,Lena who I'm still trying to find, Almer and Hartwell. Yes that's 7 now, In may of 1868,they left for America and started to farm in Minneasota aprroximately 1870. Almer and Hartwell were born in Minneasota. So your information is probaly corrct. I know they left Christiana and then to Hull and maybe to chicago according to ship records. This is all i have on the their emigration. Have agood Easter !! Kim

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kim Schmitt

Kjell , I was wodering if you have the bydeboke for oppland? Yes I'm am curious about Niels Family. The birthdate matches and all.I wasn't sure if I could see the census for Bradbu. God Bless and Have a Good Easter. Kim

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ole P. Gamme

Hello Kim. Both Kjell and I are members of the Kontaktforum Hadeland-Amerika. Together with the Hadeland Lag of America we are collecting information about the more than 10 000 people who emigrated from our district. You can read about our project at www.hadelandlag.org Nils Olsen had two siblings who emigrated to US, Kari and Peder. Kari and her husband John Olsen emigr. in 1867 with 4 children, we have info about them from US. Peder and his wife Berthe Gudbrandsdtr. emigr. 1881 with 3 children. We miss info for them from US. I have placed Nils, with the information you have given, on the same form, but as you can see, we miss much info about his family after they arrived in US. Hope you can help us. You can e-mail me at olegam@online.no Here is form 219: Skjema nr/Form No: 219Registreringsskjema for Emigranter til Amerika og Canada fra Hadeland Hadeland Immigrant Identification FormEmigrantenes navn, fødested og fødselsdato/Name, place and date of birth of the emigrants: John Olsen, f. 15.09.1825 på Midtegge i Brandbu, utv. sammen med sin hustru Kari Olsdtr., f. 07.09.1827 på Eggeeiet og barna: Ole, f. 25.09.1854 på Midteggeeiet i Brandbu, Mari, f. 30.09.1856 og Karen, f. 08.06.1859, begge på Almseiet i Tingelstad og Anne Marie, f. 25.06.1862 på Augedalseiet i Brandbu. Også John’s mor, Kari Johnsdtr., f. 1794 på Eggeeiet, dpt. 06.04.1794, reiste.Hvor reiste de fra/From where did they leave: Augedalseiet i Brandbu, Hadeland.Når utvandret de/When did they emigrate: 25.4.1867 med ”Dagmar”, landet i Quebec 7 juni.Steder de bosatte seg/Where did they settle: Først i Spring Grove, Houston Co. MN, så i Freeborn Co. MN. Fra 1879 i Davenport, ND.Hva livnærte de seg av/Occupation of the immigrants: Farming.Andre opplysninger/Additional information: John Olsen og Kari Olsdtr., gift 27.12.1852 i Brandbu. Barn: 1. Ole (O. J. Augedahl), se over, ikke gift, død 20.11.1934 i Cass Co. ND. Ole var forretningsmann i Davenport.2. Mari, se over, gift ca. 1879 med H. Nelson, f. 31.01.1851 i Norge. Barn: Nels Johann f. mai 1880 i Iowa; Christine f. juni 1881 i Iowa; John Edwin f. aug 1883 i ND; Henry f. mai 1885 i ND; Hilda Maria f. feb. 1887 i ND og Arthur f. 1893 i ND. Mari døde 11.5.1926 i Grand Forks, ND, H. Nelson døde 24.2.1935 i Stutsman Co. ND.3. Karen, se over, ikke gift. Død 5.7.1941 i Cass Co. ND. Karen var dressmaker (sydame) og bodde sammen med broren Ole.4. Anne Marie, se over, gift 1.4.1885 med W. M. Cullen, f.ca. 1858 i Cass Co. ND. Barn: Minnie, f. ca. 1886 i ND, d. 25.1.1966 i Los Angeles, CA. Anne Marie døde 5.1.1947 i Los Angeles, W. M. Cullen døde 3.4.1946 i Santa Clara, CA.I 1924 var dette John og Karis barn: Ole J. Augedahl i Davenport, Mrs. H. Nelson i Northwood, ND, Mrs. W. M. Cullen i Davenport.John og Kari hadde også en gutt, født i Amerika som døde 22.10.1887. Johns foreldre: Ole Andersen og Kari Johnsdtr., gift 16.11.1820 i Gran. Ole døde 16.9.1851 på Eggeeiet og Kari reiste sammen med sønnen John, se over. Karis foreldre: John Hansen og Anne Kristine Larsdtr., gift 1.12.1791 i Gran. Kari døde 22.1.1882 i Spring Grove, MN. Karis foreldre: Ole Nielsen og Mari Jacobsdtr., gift 6.11.1824 i Gran. John døde 10.6.1924 i Davenport, ND, Kari døde 20.11.1872 i Spring Grove, MN.Andre familiemedlemmer som har emigrert/other family members who emigrated: Kari Olsdtr.’s søsken i Amerika: 1. Nils, f. 30.11.1830 på Eggeeiet, reiste til Christiania 20.5.1856, utv …………1868? Gift ………… med Helene Hansdtr., f. ca 1840 i Elverum, Norge. Barn: Maurits, (1861-?); Ovidia, (1863-?); Henrietta, (?-?); Nora, (?-?); Lena, (?-?); Almer, (?-?); Hartwell, (?-?). Nils døde …………………………,, Helene døde ………………………………………………….2. Peder, f. 21.07.1833 på Eggeeiet, gift 29.12.1863 med Berthe Gudbrandsdtr., f. 23.07.1833 på Eggeeiet i Brandbu. De utv. 1.6.1881 fra Eggeeiet (Ila) til Baltimore sammen med barna: Julius, f. 25.05.1869, Nils, f. 24.10.1872 og Peter, f. 24.07.1874, alle født på Eggeeiet. Barn: a) Birthe Maria, f. sept. 1864 på Eggeeiet, utv. ? b) Julius, se over, gift ? barn ? død ……….. i ………………………………………………… c) Nils, se over, gift ? barn ? død ………… i ………………………………………………… d) Peter, se over, gift ? barn ? død ………….. i ……………………………………………… Berthes foreldre: Gudbrand Johnsen og Berthe Olsdtr., gift 28.12.1824 i Gran. Peder døde ………………………………, Berthe døde …………………………………………...John’s søsken i Amerika: 1. Anders, f. 14.01.1821, se skjema 565 2. Peder, f. 18.08.1828, se skjema 32 3. Kari, f. 29.10.1835, se skjema 32.Opplysningene er fra/Sources of information: Hadelandslagets biografibok fra 1921, opplysninger fra Georgia Rosendahl, Spring Grove, MN og kirkebøker for Gran/Brandbu. Rowberg files side 10, nekrologer for John fra Dec. Posten 27.6.1924 og Skandinaven 9.6.1924. Gene Nygaard, Crosby, ND. (ikke familie) Roger Olson, Overland Park, Jane Cumber, Fargo, ND, John Bye, Fargo, ND, har sent nekrolog for John O. Augedahl. Kim Schmitt, Des Moines, IA.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kim Schmitt

Ole would you like information on Niels and Helene family decendents too. Or would you prefer me to Email you and fill out the forms on a as need basis. Kim

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kjell H Myhre

Dear Kim !It appears that Nils didn't stay in Christiania for much more than a year before he moved on to Elverum. Must likely he has been in apprenticeship with a cobbler in Christiania; as he seems to have established his own shoemaker-practise in Elverum as soon as he got there. It's kind of hard to see why he chose to settle in Elverum however; he might have made acquaintances in Christiania who lead him there.I don't know whether you have the exact and relevant notes on Nils’ and Hanna’s being in Elverum from before, consequently I list them below. (Page by page) Note that the couple was living in “Leiret” until after Ovidia's baptism in the spring of 1861, but moved to “Lillebæk” (“Little Creek”) within Henriette’s baptism less than three years later. Concerning Lena, I'm quite confident that she was born on board the “S/S Argo.” Also note that Nils' page-boy, the Swedish Nils Gullstrøm and his Norwegian wife Aina went along to Chicago. Do you happen to know what surname Nils and Helene adopted after arriving in America ?Concerning the details especially relevant to the “Kontaktforum Hadeland-Amerika” though, Ole Gamme seems to prefer that you deal with him directly by contacting him at the e-mail address stated. I suggest you accommodate his preference. All information on Niels' and Helene's family, alongside the families of their descendants, is undoubtedly of interest.Regarding “Bygdebok” in the sense of a genealogical history, there doesn’t exist one which covers the Hadeland region of Oppland County. I can however, as reported earlier, try to contribute with further information on Niels' ancestors when I find the time to.May God bless you too, Kjell

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kim Schmitt

Kjell Good morning.!! Neils and Helene took the name Olson. when they landed in america. Thankyou for the information you copy and pasted for me. That wasn't necessary because I already have copies of them. But thankyou again for also interpreting them for me. I'm still learning the norweigan writing and trying to read church books that are over 100 years. Notice they used 'on' insted of 'en'. I have information on Mauritz's family Ovidia, Henrietta, also Hartwell. I could mail the information to you or email. It is your choice. I'm a decendent from Mauritz a great grandaughter. God Bless Kim

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kjell H Myhre

Daer Kim - as stated above, (14) I suggest you forward the information you do have on Niels, Helene and their children directly to Ole Gamme. Your contribution to our identification project is greatly appreciated ! It appears to me that you most likely have spent much time working with genealogy; you seem an experienced learner.Faithfully, Kjell

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kim Schmitt

Kjell, Infromation will be sent to ole. I've been studying Norway geneaolgy for about 4-5 years. I'm also ina norway interst group where we talk about favorite internet sites to do our searching. The archives always comes up the favorite. I would think you would be the more expireiced researcher. Thanks Kim

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 2 uker senere...
Gjest Kim Schmitt

Hi Kjell I've been looking over records. I'm questioning something or something just doesn't look right. Niels older brother born november 25,1829 and Died january 16. I have a death and burial record of a niels olsen who died January 16and buried 24th 1830. The record also showed he died as 1 year old. Could your record be he same record I have of Niels older brother. Then would Niels older brother be born in January or would this be another family.Look above at the links that I recieved and then your information you sent me and tell me . I believe it is the same brother. Thanks Kim

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.