Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#69246] Niels Olsens christening date - Holla, Telemark

Gjest Mark M. Shepherd
 Del

Gjest Mark M. Shepherd

My 5th great grandfather, Niels Olsen lived in Holla, Telemark. He lived on the Bjorndalen farm and was married to Inger Halvorsdatter. The 1801 census lists him at age 55 which would put his birth in 1746. However the parish registry lists his death in Dec. 1827 as age 86 which would put his birth in 1741. Both records list him as residing on Bjorndalen farm. His marraige record (1772) lists him as Niels Olsen af Lundeherred, which I understand was a former municipality that at times was part of Holla. There is no age listed in the marraige record. In the Holla christening records, there is a Niels Olsen in 1741 on Tufte farm (which may be him if the age 86 at death is correct), and another Niels Olsen in 1746 from Namlos farm (which may be him if the 1801 census age of 55 is correct). Since at one time he apparently resided in the municipality of Lunde, I am wondering if either of these farms would have been in that municipality, and whether the digital archives records from Holla where the 1741 and 1746 christenings occurred would inclue christenings from Lunde as well. This information may help me determine the correct christening date as well as find out who his parents are. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.Mark Shepherd

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Laila Kornstad

Niels Olsen was the son of Ole (Olav) Nielsen and Anne Isaksdatter Myre in Lundeherad.Niels was christened June 19th 1746, and you find the christening in the churchbook of Bø in Telemark. Lundeherad was at that time a 'parish of ease' to Bø.Kildeinformasjon: Telemark fylke, Bø, Ministerialbok nr. 3 (1733-1748), Fødte og døpte 1746-1747, Introduserte kvinner 1746-1747, side 60.Permanent sidelenke: LenkeLaila Kornstad.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 7 måneder senere...
 Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.