Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#69421] Steinstrup/Steinsrud/Stensrud Farm in Hedmark

Gjest Juliann Richens
 Del

Gjest Juliann Richens

I am looking for a Marie/Maria or Isabelle Marie Steinstrop who was born in Aug 1835. She immigrated in 1862 to Minnesota United States. I have many variations of both her first and last name. Her husband came from Hedmark county. His name was John Larson Broman. I was wondering if there is a farm in Vaaler parish near Brumoen or Eigsberget (also called Fuglesaet or Fuglset)? Thank you very much for what you do. Juliann

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Juliann Richens

Thank you for your response. I posted the request that you linked me to. That was before I knew that there was a farm called Brumoen and that it was in Hedmark. I thought that I would try and post a separate post to Hedmark. I am still looking for a farm in Hedmark that would be Steinstrup/Stensrud/Steinsrud, or somehting that might be similar to that. The time period I am looking for is 1835. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you again for your help

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Torodd Kinn

If the name is Ste(e)nstrup, it's probably not a farm name, but an inherited family name. In the 1865 census there are people with that name in various places, especially towns: Kongsberg, Horten, Kristiania (Oslo) etc.As for Ste(i)nsrud, there are lots of places with that name, mostly in eastern Norway.I'm not so sure you should be focussed only on Hedmark. If Marie was married in the USA, she and her husband may well have met over there.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Hans Petter Engh

I've heard about a small farm named'Stenerud' and another one named 'Stenbæk' in Brandval in Solør, Hedmark.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Hans Petter Engh

You are right Julian! In Våler there also to day are a farm no. 62 Bru which has Brumoen that belongs to BruIn Våler there are also a farm no. 79 named Fuglset and Eidsberget belongs to Fuglset.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ola Ljødal

Stenerud, Steinerud, Stensrud, Steinsrud - names you'll find everywhere in Norway (a land of stones). In Hedemark county surely in Ringsaker and Stange (municipalities).

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Hans Petter Engh

In Våler church book 1849-1878 I've found emigrated(utflyttede) persons(personer) to Amerika:4th march in 1862 Ungk.(Batchelor) John Larsen, 35 år, from Eigsberget and Bernt Larsen, 41 år, Eigsberget, hustri(Wife) Marthea Mortensdatter, børn(Children, Hanna, 10 år, Marie 8 år

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Juliann Richens

First thank all of you for your help. This is a wonderful web site and resource. My next question is: Would there be a record of the port city that John Larson would have left Norway from, or a ships list of passengers? Where John is listed as a bachelor, I would like to see if Maria was on the same ship as him or if she met him in the United States

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Juliann Richens

Thank you again for the image. After 20 years of searching, it is so exciting to see more on John.What Norwegian port city would John have left for America from? How would I go about finding information on the ship he was on?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Hans Petter Engh

I send You a copy from Våler Churvh book1949-1878 Under No. 18 you find Maria*s birth whou emigrated together with John larsen and here parents in 1862. I think Bernt was a brother to John.

bilete6992.jpg

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Juliann Richens

Thank you again for the additional image. john not only had a niece Maria, but his wifes name was Maria or Maire or Mary or Isablelle M. The 1900 United States census says she immigrated in 1862 also. It also says her birthday was August 1835. In their sons obituary it says that his 'FOLKS' immigrated from Oigeberget, which with all of everyones help has been decided it is probably Eigsberget. I have found several variations for Maria's last name, Steinstrop, Stenstrop, Stensrud, Stensrude,Stenstrup. I am still lost on her. The 1900 census states that she and John were married in about 1862, they had been married 38 years in 1900.I'm not sure where to go to try and find her birth. Any more help would be so very appreciated. Again thank you, all of you have made a difference. Juliann

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Hans Petter Engh

Hi Juliann!I opened a new post under no. 69524 trying to get help to find the emigration from Norway. Try to seek under no. 69524 and You will find that John Larson lived together with his family in Oak lake, Becker in Minnesota as a farmer in 1880 cencus.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Juliann Richens

Thank you for the census information. I do have almost everything I can find on them in United States. The biggest information that I am missing in the United States is Maria's death, and before the family ended up in Oak Lake/Audubon Minnesota. I know that they did go to Renville county Minnesota first,that is where my great grandfather was born, but I can not find anything about them there. My other greatest wall is where Maria came from in Norway and when she was born. I can't seem to narrow that down. her sons obituary stated that both his parents came from the same area-Oigeberget-what we have determined to probably be Eigsberget, but as of yet I have been unable to find her.Please know everyone how grateful I have been for your help-you folks are amazing Juliann

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.