Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#69500] Emanuel C(h)arisius lointentant/kaptein Trondheim 1710-1727

Gjest Tybring Hemphill
 Del

Gjest Tybring Hemphill

I am searching for any information on Emanuel Charisius (1690-1758 Kristiansand) who was made second lieutenant in '2 Throndhjemske nat. Infreg.' on Oct. 10, 1710 and first Lieutenant Sept. 11, 1717 and finally captain in 1727. (he eventually became tolder in Kristiansand) He married Mette Dorothea Flug (c.1700-1777 Kristiansand) and several sons including Peder Georg, Hans Henrik and Ferdinand August. I wonder if Mette Flug was perhaps from Trondheim but have been unable to locate her in any records there nor have I found any of the children listed in birth records for the appropriate time. I think I need to know more about the military and military records. Any help is appreciated.Thank you.Tybring

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Tybring Hemphill

I had seen the Tollere site before, but never the military biography book. That is enormously helpful as it clears up several issues, assuming i have understood it. Does it not say that Emanuel was art of the Trondheim regiment and that his son Emanuel was born in Norway about 1720? If that is true then it is likely that:1. He met and married his wife Mette Dorothea Flug in Trondheim. She has been hard to track with many variations of her last name. However, there was a (Paul) Fredrik Flyg who married a woman named Mette and was a military officer so perhaps he is her father and that is how she met Emanuel. I looked in the Ovenstad book, but cannot place the Flug family in Trondheim. I have also been unable, so far to find a record of the birth of Charisius children or the engagemet of the parents at the Domkirke in Trondheim.2. It confirms that he returned to Schleswig where his son Ferdinand August was supposedly born in 1738.Tybring

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Petter Vennemoe

I have some notes from 'Arendals Geistelighed' by S.H.Finne- Grønn (Christiania 1897), which maybe can be of some help: The son Ferdinand August Charisius was born in Sønderborg, Denmark 28.02.1728, and died 25.04.1806 in Arendal (he married 04.07.1773 Elisabeth Cooper in the Danish Virgin Islands in the West Indies). The birth in Denmark should be possible to check against the church records in Denmark, which are online.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Berit Knudsen

Emanuel was born i Denmark and stayed there until 1710. Came to Norway 2/10 1710 and stayed until 1727.2.(southern) Trondhjemske nationale infanteri regiment from form 2/10 1710 (Gagnatske comp. 1721-1725 and Eritsfjordske comp. 1726-1727). From 1727 in North Sjælland in Denmark - Slevig 1738 - Bergen in Norway from 18/9 1744.I am not sure, but I belive Gagnat and Erits-/Eresfjord are in Møre and Romsdal.His son Emanuel was born in Norway 1721/24?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Tybring Hemphill

Thank you again, Berit. I have found a reference to Loitenant Charius in Tingvold parish in 1725 as a Faddere and hope I will find record of the birth of some of his children thereLenke

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.