Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#69599] hans or klaus

Gjest ole nilsen
 Del

Gjest ole nilsen

hii need some help in the 1865 census for kongsberg landdistrikt in the farm Bjørndalen district no 1 page 180 rønnaug olsdatter is married to a klaus olsen but in my records she was married to a hans olsen now all the children match to my records and so does the ages of both parents is this a spelling mistake link to 1865 census [url="http://digitalarkivet.uib.no/cgi-win/webcens.exe?slag=visbase&sidenr=2&filnamn=f60609&gardpostnr=4&merk=4#ovre>Lenke i am also looking for a death date of the father as rønnaug olsdatter died in1897 could somebody tell me if her husband was still living in 1897 when rønnaug died here is the link for rønnaugs death female at bottom number 31

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ivar S. Ertesvåg

Regarding the 1865 census: I it fully possible that handwritten 'Hans' is misunderstood at digital registration. This can only be verified by inspecting the original protocol (or a photocopy of it). Also, there is a possibility that the original regitrator miswrote 'Claus' for 'Hans'. The fact that all the children are called 'Hanss./Hansd.' indicates (not 'shows' or 'proves') that the husband's name was 'Hans'. If you can find the baptism records for the children, you can see the name of the parents there (age and birthplace given; notice that according to the instruction, the present year should be included, thus '22 years' = in his 22nd year).The death record 1897 is for 'Kone Rønnaug Olsdtr Bjørndalen' ['kone'= wife], husband: 'Pens. S.a. Hans O. Bjørndalen' ['Pens' =pensjoneret/pensjonist = retired/retiree; 'S.a.' is an abbreviation that is quite common in the protocol, can be 'sølvverksarbeider' silver- works/mine worker]. Hans is apparently living after Rønnaug.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Bjørg Hukkelberg

I did not find anyone with the name Claus in church reords for Kongsberg in this period

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kjellaug R. Petit

It's probably wrong in the census when their son Ole was baptized on June 9, 1844, the father is definitely Hans Olsen Bjørndalen (n° 18): Kildeinformasjon: Buskerud fylke, Kongsberg, Klokkerbok nr. 2 (1839-1858), Fødte og døpte 1844, side 38-39. Permanent sidelenke: [url="http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=1100&idx_id=1100&uid=ny&idx_side=-22>Lenke Permanent bildelenke:

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ivar S. Ertesvåg

Kjellaug (4,5) this makes it more likely that there is an error in the cencus, but it does not settle the problem. There is still a possibility that Hans died and Rønnaug remarried a Claus between 1844 and 1865. There is also the possiblity that the people of the 1844 records are some other than those of the 1865 census.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kjellaug R. Petit

The most sensible thing to do then is to check all the children's births and also marriages between 1859 and 1865. Anyway, if this Claus existed, he was not the father of the children as they are all called Hans. or Hansd.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ivar S. Ertesvåg

ok, then you can be almost certain that 'Claus' should be 'Hans'. You still do not know who made the miswriting; census taker in 1866 (yes, it was in january 1866) or the computer registrator in the 1990s - but I guess this is less interesting.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest ole nilsen

thyank you all according to my data hans and ronnaug have another child 7 september 1868 one last question can anybody help with hans death date as i have cheked as far as i can but there are so many hans olsen in the kongsberg area and none have bjorndalen after it hans was born in 9 may 1823 in kongsberg thank you once again

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Roar Tvetmarken

Hi Ole,According to the 1906-1918 Ministerialbok for Kongsberg (folio 332, entry 11), Hans Olsen Bjørndalen died on 22/04/1909.- roar -

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.