Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#69703] Vågå OP 1736 sjeleregister

Gjest Marilla Schenk
 Del

Gjest Marilla Schenk

Could anyone please educate me a bit as to the scope and purpose of the sjeleregister 1736? Would the farm name entered after a girl of marriageable age be more likely to be the name of a farm at which she was working or the farm of her parents when she was baptised? Thank you, Marilla Schenk

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Aud Sandbu

At the right side of the pages there is a column named 'Stand og Forhold', which tells us about if they were son/daughter of the farmer, or son/daughter of the cotter, or if they were servants, soldier etcIf you can specify the individual(s), I can perhaps explain more spesific.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Trond Myrstad

Marilla,As far as I know, the sjeleregister was prepared as a gift to the Bishop when he visited Vågå June 21, 1736, and is a register of all young and unmarried citizens in Vågå Parish between 7 and 40 years. And as far as I can understand, the farm name refers to the farm where the person lived in 1736; not the farm where he/she was born.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Helge Hålåsæter

The article written by Ivar Kleiven is found on Lars Ove Wangensten's homepage (you may link to it there). The main purpose was to have a view of whom were able to read text.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Marilla Schenk

Thank you very much for replying. I wished to see if using the 1736 register might help me learn more about the people in the anetavle Aud Sandbu graciously set out in debate # 11751 entry 6. The first person to learn about was Einar Hansen Holen, f. ca 1729, based on age 76 listed in church entry at his death in 1805. He also is listed as age 67 in the 1801 census which would suggest his birth at ca 1734. I understand that the church record book is usually more reliable for age than the census. I could not find him listed in the 1736 register so I wonder if he was too young to have started reading yet. Perhaps in this case he is born a little later than 1729 then? There does seem to be a Tore Hansdtr Holen age 7 listed near the end of the register if I am reading correctly; she might possibly be a sibling? Online in Ringebuslekter Lenke there are 2 Einar Hansen Holens listed - one f. 1729 as in 'my' anetavle, and another f. 1735 listed as son to Hans Einars Holen f 1705 and Barbro Einarsdtr Sandbu, f 1709. I am wondering if these two Einar Hansen Holens from 1729 and 1735 might be the same person? Thank you, Helge, for referring me to Lars Ove Wangensten's site full of interesting articles but I have not found where on the site to click to get to the article by Ivar Kleiven? Thank you again, Marilla

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Helge Hålåsæter

To find Et sjæleregister: You find the word Bibliotek at the left side of his home page. When clicking at that you find it at the right side among several other names of articles.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Aud Sandbu

Regarding to your question, there are two settlements of estates at Holen; one in 1749, August 11, after Hans Einarsen who was dead. His wife Barbro Einarsdtr. was still alive, and the children are listed as follow: 1) Einar 15 years old, 2) Thore 19, 3) Peder 9, and 4) Kari 4 years old.The second one in 1755, April 30, where the widow Barbro Einarsdtr. divided her estate between the children: 1) Einar Hansen 20 years old, 2) Peder Hansen 14, 3) Thore Hansdtr. 24 and 4) Kari 9 years old.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Marilla Schenk

Thank you very much, Aud! It is very interesting to learn of these estate settlements! I think the Einar Hansens mentioned are probably one and the same person - the age on the estate settlements you tell about matches well with his age in the census 1801. What might be a good additional proof is if there were skifte after his death in 1805. His children from the second marriage (Ole and Mari) by their ages in 1801 would still have been minors (ages 14 and 12) in 1805. But, as Einar had already turned over his property at Holen to his son from his first marriage, possibly he didn't have more property to register any estate settlement when he died.Next is his second wife Brit Rolfsdtr. She is too young for the 1736 register and I was disappointed to find no sign of her father Rolf or Rolv Olsen because (by his age 78 in the 1801 census) he should be 13, a good age to appear in the 1736 register. That is why I asked re the sjeleregister as I wondered whether there were many children in the parish that didn't have the opportunity to learn reading yet and may or may not be listed at that time. If they were all listed, then it might indicate that he did not have long roots in this parish and was living elsewhere in 1736. The Kleiven article is such an interesting one but quite a challenge for me to read - it is slow going! Thank you again for the good reply that you have given!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.