Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#69799] Botolf Osen of Leikanger

Gjest Richard R. Einerson
 Del

Does anyone have information on this person born circa 1680 and married Marilfa Larsdatter Flete in 1707? I cannot seem to find a burial record or any record that indicates his paternal name or place of origin. Looking at the 1701 census for Leikanger Parish, there are several men named Botolf, but it is unclear which one.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 2 uker senere...
  • 2 uker senere...

Kelly, Thanks for looking at this with me. I agree with your theory on persons 2 & 3. Here is my theory on the others. My hunch is that Bottel Olsen Tion age 19 on the 1701 census may have died, possibly unmarried, and was buried on 25 Sept 1707 in Leikanger. The person buried on this date is listed as Bottel Halland. It seems that people living on Tion and Helleland often move from place to place; both farms must be in close proximity? Unfortunately, the burial records from this time period do not indicate the age at death of the deceased. That leaves us with Bottel Olsen Hamrum (Hamre) age 14 in 1701. He may have married Marilfa Larsdatter on 6 March 1706. The groom is listed as Bottel Osen. It appears they had several children starting with Giertrud in 1708, and ending with Brite in 1727. Burial entries for the parents may be Marte Lartzdatter Osen on 29 March 1749, age 80. In addition, Bottel Hamre on 20 June 1756, age 82.The only problem with this theory are earlier entries of a Bottel Osen having a child in 1702. Check this timeline out and see if you think it meshes: 2 February 1701, married, Bottal Hogheim and Giertrud Kvalen. Baptized, 1 January 1702, girl Sissala, born to Botel Hogheim. Baptized, 20 Aug 1702, boy Hans, born to Botolf Osen. Buried, 5 Dec 1706, Giertrud Osen (no age listed, possibly the wife of Botel Osen?). I am wondering if there is a connection with this earlier Bottel Osen as after 'Botel Osen' and 'Marilfa Larsdatter' were married on 6 March 1707, their first child is named Giertrud, baptized on 24 June 1708. If the Bottel Hogheim married in 1701 is the same person as Bottel Osen married in 1707, then I doubt he is Botel Olsen Hamrum age 14 in 1701. See what I mean? There are too many Bottel's to narrow this down with any certainty!!!!!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I see that there is a Bottel Christophersen Helland listed on the 1701 census, age 24. This may be the Bottel Halland that was buried on 25 Sep 1707. Perhaps the Bottel Olsen Tion age 19 in 1701, is the one after all?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kjellaug R. Petit

When I looked up these men I was sure his father's name was Olsen (must have confused Osen and Olsen), but now I see that he doesn't have his father's name mentioned which leaves us with more possibilities.It seems natural to call the first daughter for Giertrud if that was the name of his first wife, so you'll probably have to look more into this.Maybe this is the one then: [url="http://digitalarkivet.no/cgi-win/webcens.exe?slag=visbase&sidenr=8&filnamn=sognvigd&gardpostnr=21272&merk=21272#ovre>LenkeI can't find any other married to a Giertrud.It means that he was about 30 years old in 1701.There's one at Høgheim, but he's much too old.This one at Tretteteig is of the right age: LenkeThis one at Lien:

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

It appears that the database is incorrect. I checked the parish register and the farm name for Hans Botelsen baptized 20 Aug 1702 is Aasen, not Osen or Ousen. I see there is another baptism for a child of Botel Aasen whose name was Syneva on 20 July 1704.The marriage of Botel Hogheim in 1701, is likely that of Botel Guttormsen Hogheim. Interestingly, the engagement on 18 April 1700 lists his partner as Anna Monsdatter Tvattum. The marriage record from 2 Feb 1701 lists his wife as Giertrud Tvattum.It appears that the marriage between Bottel Osen and Marilfa Larsdatter in 1707 may be his first one. Perhaps the Giertrud Osen who died in 1706 was his mother, or mother-in law.It still appears difficult to narrow down the two possiblities listed on the 1701 census. It does not appear that Bottel Olsen Hamre ever married using this place name. Yet his burial appears in 1756. I suppose it is possible he was living on Osen when he was married, lived there for many years and returned to Hamre before his death, but this is all speculation of course...

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.