Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#69965] Stillbirth information in parish registers

Gjest AJ Halla
 Del

Gjest AJ Halla
LenkeThe 4th child on page 2, Anders Olsen, does the 'd' in the intro. column indicate a stillbirth or that he didn't live more than a few days? 3 days? I know in some registers there is a separate section for stillborns, but I'm curious what the -- means before the name and the 'd' in the intro column.Thanks!
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Yngve Nedrebø

No, unfortunately not. You will need to copy a permanent link, or tell us the name of the parish, the volume and on what page.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest AJ Halla

Sorry, not sure why the link isn't working but I'm looking in (Hedmark) Vinger Parish Records, register #2; births; 1818; page 2. He is the fourth child on page 2.Thank you!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Stig Nyberg

No, the date in the 'Introd' column tells when the mother was reintroduced by the priest to the church community. This usually took place approximately 6 weeks after the birth. This 'Introduction' was earlier practised in protestant countries.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest AJ Halla

Thanks so much for the help, I thought he might have died after 3 days but just thought I would double-check.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Margaret Miller

So in the link in innlegg 7, it says 'Ole Haagensen Braates hustru Anne Andersdtr. (introduced) etter hjemmedobt 3 dager gammel Barn Anders' Here the wife was introduced and it says her son was baptised at home 3 days old.From the second link in innlegg 7 you can see that Anders died that same day 3 days old. You can't tell that he died in the first link. Just to try to make it clearer.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.