Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#70031] parish records for Ibestad

Gjest Rob Hansen
 Del

Gjest Rob Hansen

I've had some fantastic help from reserachers on this site to trace my roots back in Norway many hundreds of years. Having done that work I'd now lke to see some things 'in the flesh'.Does anyone know where the parish records for Ibestad are kept. Only the death records are kept in Ibestad - and No!! ,,you are not allowed to see them!!Also I have some people mentioned on the early tax list from Troms about 1645 - how would I see that??Thanks for your help,Rob.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Yngve Nedrebø

The parish registeres of Ibestad are kept at the local ministers office for 80 years. The homepage of that office: [url="http://www.kirken.no/?event=showCouncils&pFellesId=f1917>LenkeThe duplicate registers are kept at Statsarkivet i Tromsø. Pages telling about marriages are open to the public. In Norway we have a 60 years restriction on information of 'a private nature', i. e. cause of death etc. In the Digital Archives we have restricted the publication of such info from 1930 on.The 1645 tax lists are kept at Riksarkivet

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Rob Hansen

local people say that the only register in Ibestad is the death register- you're not allowed to look at it look ups are done for you. Are they being misled ?? Are there other registers there??Rob.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Yngve Nedrebø

There have been two sets of parish registers:The one kept by the minister. They should be kept at the ministers office 80 years after they have been completed. There may have been loss of parish registers during the WW2, but even if that happened, the registers from 1945 on should be there.The duplicate register should be at Statsarkivet i Tromsø. These duplicates will normally be existing until well after 1970.Who are the 'local people' - those at the ministers office?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Rob Hansen

There should be two sets of registers - one of which is kept at Ibestd and should be accesssible prior to 1930??My family there are unable to access anything other than the death register. Is there an office that oversees Troms region?? This seems odd.Rob.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Rob Hansen

Do you have a freedom of information act in Norway - is it possible to compel the church to give access to records.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Yngve Nedrebø

We have a new law on freedom of information, 'offentleglova', but it will not give you the right to 'compel' anyone, as we also have rules on discretion concerning private matters, and they state that information about such matters should be kept secret for 60, 80 or 100 years.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.