Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#70277] Ref 70273 Johannes Olsen

Gjest Carrol Press
 Del

Gjest Carrol Press

Further to my last post referenced above marriage record Oslo Co., Aker, 1828-1829 page 382 Joannes Olsen & Cathrine Ingebretsdtr. Johannes' father recorded as Ole Olsen. Believe this says Johannes is from Gronland & Ole Olsen is from Enerhougen. Don't know what it says in last column. Best man's statement is signed by Ole Olsen and someone named Pedersen. It doesn't sound to me that Ole Olsen & Ole Brynildsen are the same persons although the only Confirmation record I could find was for Johannes s/o Ole Brynildsen & Olea Berntdtr. Again, thanks for help.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Gunn Huglen

Here you have the Churchbook with a Johannes Olsen`s father Ole Olsen? LenkeIf this is the same man from ref 70273 I think the fathes name must be wrong.Best regards from Gunn.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Torodd Kinn

Gunn's link shows the marriage between Johannes Olsen and Katrine Ingebretsdtr.Johannes place of birth and residence both seem to be recorded as Grønland.His father is called Ole Olsen.One of the 'sponsors' is called Ole Olsen, and his occupation was 'Kanthugger'. (Don't know what that implies, but I'll try to find out.) It seems the father was also a sponsor, which was quite common at this time.Now, if we try to locate Ole Olsen in Grønland in the 1801 census, there is one very interesting candidate: LenkeThis boy, born about 1799, is the child of Ole Kristoffersen and Marte Eriksdatter. And -- the father is a 'Kanthugger'. Like father, like son? I'd say pretty likely.I think this is the right track.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Torodd Kinn

Carrol -- my previous message (3) is nonsense, of course. The boy in the 1801 census is much too young to be a father in 1808, when Johannes was born.Sorry ...

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.