Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#70468] Johansdtr Bruun f. Hurdal g. Vardal

Gjest Joy Sundrum
 Del

Gjest Torodd Kinn

Hi, Joy!Here's the baptism of Maren Mathea Johansdatter (no. 44 to the right): Permanent sidelenke: LenkeParents: Johan Anders[en] Bruun and Dorthea Mathisd[atte]r ... Giøvigs GlasværkGiøvig = GjøvikGlasværk = glass worksHer place of birth is recorded as Brusveen at the marriage.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Torodd Kinn

It's possible that Jøvik is the right spelling. Both this farm and Brusveen (Brusvea) are in the Hunn part of Vardal.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Torodd Kinn

At the 1801 census, a Johan Bruun and wife Anna Barbara Hansdatter are living in Hurdal at the glass works there: LenkeHe's a glass blower. Among their children are 15 year old Johan Andreas and 1 year old Johan. My guess is that the latter is identical to the father of Karen Mathea. But it could also be Johan Andreas.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Joy Sundrum

Mange takk, Torodd. So she was born in Vardal, Oppland, not Hurdal? Appreciate the quick response. Hilsen, Joy

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Torodd Kinn

Yes, the information about place of birth in the 1865 census seems to be wrong.There are so many correct details at the baptism that I find it very unlikely that we're talking about two different Karens.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Torodd Kinn

To my entries no. 2 and 4:(2) Re-reading the baptism, I see that Maren Mathea's father is probably 'Johan Andreas Bruun', not '... Andersen ...'.(4) Which makes it likely that he's the 15 year old in 1801.The name 'Andersen' also conflicts with the information in 1801, since there is no Anders, so I think Johan Andreas (Johansen) Bruun is our man.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Torodd Kinn

I found this page on the net: [url="http://www.eidskogslekt.no/web/pedigree2.htm#2.INDI41896.6616>LenkeMaren Mathea's mother given name was Anne Dorthea. On the net page, she's called [Chr]istiansdatter (no idea why all Chr are missing ...) rather than Mathi(a)sdatter, but that's because her father was called Christian Mathi(a)s (Hansen) Wentzel. He was a glass blower, too.Here's the family in 1801:

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Joy Sundrum

Mange takk, Torodd. Thanks for the explanations of names and the links to census records. I also found two subjects on Brukerforum #32679 and 30340 that gave additional info.This began because my father's neighbor wants to find out if there are living relatives in Norway. The man who emigrated 14 apr 1880 was Johannes Olsen f. 23 apr 1857 on Bredskalbakken, Vardal. Do you have a suggestion for finding living descendants?Thanks for all your help. I could post another tema for the descendants. Vennlig hilsen, Joy

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.