Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#70478] Are there records for Eid parish beyond 1884?

Gjest Patricia Carlsen Mikkelsen
 Del

I was searching for a family who lived at Gyldenaas (gnr 7) in Eid Parish, Møre og Romsdal. I found no files for Eid/Eid, and only some files Grytten/Eid that went up to 1884. Are there more files? And if so, will they be scanned at some time? Is there anyplace else I can look for records of this farm?Hilsen Patti Mikkelsen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Grethe Flood

Here is the birth and baptism record for the daughter Jenny, born 1889 in Lødingen - Nordland county, Lødingen in Lødingen, Parish register (official) nr. 872A10 (1884-1896), Birth and baptism records 1889, page 25. Permanent pagelink: [url="http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=6678&idx_id=6678&uid=ny&idx_side=-27>Lenke Permanent imagelink:

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hei GretheThank you for your response! This link you gave me is helpful. I hadn't looked at John Haraldsen's family yet. The family I was looking for is that of his brother, Arne, see them here in 1900:LenkeMaybe I should have posted this on the Archive Forum. I was hoping someone from the Digitalarkivet could tell me if there are kirkebøker for Eid beyond 1884. And if there are, will they be added to this site?Again, thank you, Grethe...Hilsen Patti Mikkelsen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Arnfinn Kjelland

Doesn't look like there are any protocols for Eid beyond 1884: Lenke (register of microflms, and that is what is scanned).You cannot normally expect answer from the Arkivverket before Monday.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

ArnfinnThank you for your response. Of course, I should have realized the Arkivists would not be working on Saturday! I have noticed that occasionally, records for a municipality are grouped in with those of another. Sometimes, I can figure this out for myself. Other times, it is not so obvious. I had hoped Eid records were there, in with some others. But it seems that is not the case here.Again, I thank you for your feedback. And I apologize for the repetitious post. I thought by posting on the 'Digitised Parish Register Forum' it might be seen more easily by an Arkivist.Hilsen Patti

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I was looking for records after 1884. Could those be in with Grytten? Or have they been lost?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Olav Bonesmo

The records of Eid parrish can be found in the books for Eid/Voll from 1884 to 1854, and for Grytten/Eid from 1818 to 1854. I suppose Eid is included in Grytten for the period of 1806 to 1817, but I have not checked if that is the case.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thank you OlavI looked in that file before, but I will look again. I thought it was just for Voll sogn.For the earlier years, I found 'Grytten/Eid', which had what I needed.Hilsen Patti

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kristian Hunskaar

I suppose that records beyond 1884 exists, but they are probably not yet handed over to the archive. Records should normally be handed over 80 years past the last entry, and the record starting in 1884/1885 could potensially still be in use about 1930. 45 years is a long period, though, so the time is maybe overdue for passing the record to the archive. It's the parishes' responsibility to hand over records to the archive when the time is due.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thank you Kristian. I appreciate your response. It helps to explain how the process works.Hilsen Patti Mikkelsen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.