Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#70620] Baptism/Confirmation records

Gjest Frank McGuire
 Del

Gjest Frank McGuire

If there any significance if the mother's name is listed before the father's name, in baptism or confirmation records, rather than the more usual father's name first? Also can someone please translate the following words- 1) hign (or similar) before the mother's name 2) syan (or similar) before the father's name.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kjellaug R. Petit

It would be much easier to help you if you pasted the links to the churchbook - just copy the permanent links that you get under the little window above the churchbook's page. If you don't know how to do that, then tell us exactly from which book (parish, year, etc) you copied this. Names would also be helpful.Otherwise I'd say that if the mother's name comes first, it's normally because the child was born out of wedlock.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kjellaug R. Petit

Before the mother's name (Karen Elisabet Andersdtr) is written 'pige' which means she was unmarried as I thought.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Frank McGuire

Thank you all for your help. I am particularly puzzled as to how Berit was able to find the birth record so quickly. Can you please tell me how it was done.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kjellaug R. Petit

Berit is very clever!But if you use FS's new Beta webpage, you'll see that he comes up there. I often use it and then check out in the churchbookas afterwards: [url="http://search.labs.familysearch.org/recordsearch/start.html#searchType=standard;p=recordResults;givenName=Car>Lenke Fredrik;searchId=31248504826822430000;surname=Christiansen;birthYear=1831;birthPlace=Oslo, Akershus, Norway;birthPlaceId=8050698I don't know if this link will come up. But you can try it yourself, I just wrote the name and then 'place' = Oslo, Akershus, Norway. You can even leave the family name out if you don't know it:

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kjellaug R. Petit

The first link doesn't work so you'll have to check as I said underneath, it's a good way to find people.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Berit Knudsen

Frank, you asked how I was able to find the birth record. The date and birthplace was in your 'Lenke', and the parents were not married. Most, or many, of illegitimate children who was born in Christiania was born at the 'Rikshospital'.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Frank McGuire

Thanks again. I wasnt previously aware of the FS Beta site, and I have eventually found it. It looks that it could be very useful.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.