Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#70680] Bertel Nilsen born 1842 Lom to Bynesset Sør Trondelag

Gjest Lana Ludwig
 Del

Gjest Lana Ludwig

I am looking for information about Bertel Nilsen born Nov. 21, 1842 in Lom (Skjaak) Norway. I have his birth information. His parents were Niels Sølfestsen and Gunhild Johannesdatter. His siblings were Niels, Marie, Marie, Johannes, Hans and Sølfest. Niels was my great great grandfather.I think I have found Bertel in the 1865 census, Bynesset Parish, Sør Trøndelag. He is on the Høstadplads farm.My question- What happens to Bertel Nilsen after 1865? Does he get married? Any children? Death date?Any help would be greatly appreciated.Lana Ludwig

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Svein Erik Sæther

Hello Lana. You do not find many persons with first name Bertil. A possible long shot; Vår Frue Church i Trondheim : Born 1879 Klara Antonie. Father: Bertil Nilsen born 1845 but, few years difference is quite normal. Mother : Marie born 1850Svein

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Lana Ludwig

I thank you for your response. I think I found these people in the 1900 census for Trondheim. Town House list Circuit no. Street Landed property no. Farmhouse Annex Unoccupied Floor Resident Free Attic Basement Person list Appartement no. Floor No. of rooms (floor) No. of kitchens 5053 Trondheim 27 59 Kirkegaden 15b Vaaningshus 1 Sidebygning n 2 3 ingen ingen ingen 3 1 1ste 3 1 Household no. Given name Last name Sex Resident Temp. residence Family pos. Marital status Occupation Year of birth Birth place Nationality Religion Disease 23917 1 Berthel Nielsen m b hf gift Jernstøber ved Mek Værksted 1845 Bergen n s 23918 Marie Nielsen k b hm gift 1850 t n s 23919 Ludvig Nielsen m b s ug Fyrbøder med Dampskib 1879 t n s 23920 Oskar Nielsen m f Leith s ug Fyrbøder med Dampskib 1881 t n s 23921 Adolf Nielsen m b s ug Visergut, i Slagterforretn. 1883 t n s 23922 Bergithe Nielsen k b d 1886 t n s 23923 Sofie Nielsen k b d 1890 t n s 23924 Lovise Nielsen k b d 1890 t n s 23925 Sivert Dahl m b el Offentlig Understøttelse 1822 t n s b 23926 Martin Størseth m b Pleiebarn 1900 12/7 t n s 23927 Alf Stinesen m b Pleiebarn Visergut 1885 t n s There is no Klara but she might have died or gotten married. Sorry I don't know how to copy the link. but as you can see this Berthel was born in Bergen, so I don't think it is the same man.Thanks for trying.Lana Ludwig

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jon Erik Berg-Hansen

Lana! I think the persons Bertil have found are not the correct family. They are listed here in the 1875 census: Lenke

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Lana Ludwig

No, I don't think so either as I am looking for a Bertel born in Lom. He may have died or immigrated before 1875.Bertel/Bertil/Berthel is such an unusual name I thought it might be easy to find him, but so far no luck.Lana

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jon Erik Berg-Hansen

Let'start from the beginning: Where/when was your ggg born (or any of his sisters/brothers). You apparently have no idea about where/when or to whom Bertil/Bertel/Berthel got married? I see you've listed his siblings in (1). Where did you get that info?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Lana Ludwig

My information comes from years of research. Too long of a story. It comes from parish records here at Digitalarkivet, bygdeboks from Halsa and Smøla and Family Search records.I do not know if Bertel got married. I know he was born on Nov. 21, 1842 in Lom to Niels Sølfestsen b.1795 and Gunhild Johannesdatter b.1804.I can not find any other information about him in Lom after that.I think I have found him on the 1865 census on the Høstadplads farm in Bynesset Parish in Sør Trondalg.I have traced his brothers and sisters in Lom. I have descendants for Joahnnes Nielsen Haugen born 1836 and for Hans Nielsen Løkkre born 1840. I don't need further information about them. And of course I have all the information at this time that I need about Niels Nielssen b.Dec.23,1826 my great great grandfather who moves from Lom to Halsa.The only other sibling that I don't have information for besides Bertel is Marie Nielsdatter born july 25 1829 in Lom.I hope this makes it clearer.Thanks for your interest.Lana

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Lana Ludwig

Kai is there any other information about Bertil in the œttebok of skjåk? Or about his family- Niels Sølfestsen and Gunhild Johannesdatter?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kai M Kveum

Nils Sylfesten born (b) 1796, married (m) 6/4 1827 (april 6) to Gunhild Johannesdtr bapt 25/3 1804 Children: 1. Nils b. 23/12 1826 2. Mari b. 25/7 1829 3. Marie b. 25/7 1832 4. Johannes Haugen b.19/3 1836 5. Hans Rusten b.31/3 1840, m 27/8 1871 to Marit Jonsdtr b.1848 6. Bertil b. 27/12 1842 7. Sylfest b. 17/1 1848Gunhild is the daughter of Johannes Olsen and wife Mari Jonsdtr

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Lana Ludwig

Thanks Kai. I had most of that information but it is always good to check it and see if there are any differences.I have Nils Sylfestsen baptised 4 Oct 1795 son of Sylfest Larsen born(5 Aug 1770)(Brandsar/Boje/Reppen and Mari Nielsdatter born 1772(working on the Kvale farm in 1801. Does that book you have mention anything about them?Thanks again,Lana

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 2 uker senere...
Gjest Svein Erik Sæther

Hello Lana Have noticed that you have good support to find information about your Bertil.s family. If you believe that your Bertil is located at the 1865 census - Byneset parish (To day a part of Trondheim city), you should look at his profession - 'Fattiglem'. From Trondheim, but born i Lom -23 year (b.1842) 'Fattiglem' is a definition used for very poor people, living on the minimum from public assistance. Most likely he is placed at the farm Høstadplass to work for food and a bed. In that time it was a negative definition not giving many possibililities to improve the status. My conclution at this point : This is not the same Bertil as you deskribe the 26th of June (3)Best regards. Svein

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Lana Ludwig

No I don't think it is the same Bertil that married Marie Nielsen (3). Bertil's family was very poor I think, as each of his siblings were born on a different farm in Lom. So his father was working on various farms in the area trying to make a living. Also my great grandfather Niels Nielsen left home when he was very young 12 or 14 years to go to Halsa to work.I think my next step would be to look for the death records in Byneset or Trondheim for Bertil. Maybe he never got married. I assume he was too poor to immigrate to AmericaThanks Svein for your help.Lana

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.