Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#70715] Arent Erichsen Grimstad og Ellen Christophersdtr i Gildeskål

Gjest Rev. Robbie Osmundson
 Del

Trying to find the parents of Arent Erichsen Grimstad and Elen Christophersdtr (Walle?) They were married 21 Sep 1801 (see Gildeskål i Gildeskål Ministerialbok 1773-1804 page 349) I cannot read what comes right after Christophersdtr.Arent Erichsen was born abt 1754 died between 1813 and 1820? listed on the Grimstad farm in 1801. Other marriages: 1783 Nov 11 Anna Monsdtr Leganger? Gildeskål i Gildeskål Ministerialbok 1773-1804 page149) and 1799 Jul 17 Berthe Kirstina - she died 1800 Jun 22 (Gildeskål i Gildeskål Ministerialbok 1773-1804 page325)One problem I have with Arent Erichsen is that there seems to be 2 persons with the same name, on the same farm. There was one born about the same year who died in 1798 age 43. (Gildeskål i Gildeskål Ministerialbok 1773-1804 page 315b)Elen is listed in the 1801 Census at Walle - same as with one of her wtness Lars Tovdahl Walle. So I may be correct in assuming that her parents were Christopher Johnsen and Elen Michelsdtr also listed in the 1801 Census?Any help that you can give concerning Arent Erichsen Grimstad would be appreciated.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Anne J. Engmo

'Arvid Støver`s nedtegnelser' (about people who lived in Gildeskål) says that the parents of Arent Erichsen,born 1747 was Erich Jonassen and Anne Pedersdtr. Erich Jonassen was married two times,first wife was named Anne Christophersdtr.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thanks so much for the information! Where can I get a copy of 'Arvid Støver`s nedtegnelser' ?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Arnstein Rønning

Presten har vel begynet å skrive 'forlovelsesmenn' etter henne, men så har de bare én, og så har han gjort om til 'Spons' i stedet Lenke

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Question - who was the Arent Erichsen Grimstad who died in 1798 aged 43? Sjaa Gildeskål i Gildeskål Ministerialbok 1773-1804 page 315.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Anne J. Engmo

Maybe it says ' Arent Erichsen`s Wife' (Look to the left:introd.,just housbound`s name and the same funny letter.)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Arnstein - Thanks for your comment! It was a help to me in understanding the entry!Anne - Yes! Your explanation makes sense, since his 2nd marriage was in 1799 and his wife of the second marriage died in 1800. So then this would be the burial record for Anna Monsdtr Leganger, his first wife. Tak!I had kind of figured out that Erich Jonassen was his father, ashe is listed in the newly released Innrulleringsmanntal for Gildeskål prestegjeld frå 1755. You have helped with who Aren'ts mother was - again, Tak!Does Arvid Støver have anything in his notes on Arent's death and also on the death of his 3rd wife Elen Christophersdtr??? I think they may have both died between 1813-1820. The handwriting in this period is extremely difficult for me to read.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Leif Johannessen

In ”Innrulleringsmantall Helgeland 1766/69” there was an Arent Erichsen 16 y.o. on the place Finnes, near Grimstad. As birth-place is stated “Marchen” which is in Meløy, not far away. This could indicate that AE’s parents was Erich Arentsen and Barbra Mikelsdatter, see church-book Rødøy, “Trolovede” 1750. This should be considered before concluding.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Leif - interesting proposition! Could you provide a complete entry for the farm? There may be other information that I am looking for in this family. Tak!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Olav Helge Angell

But I will warn you in advance that Støver's notes are full of mistakes and he does not specify his sources. In our particular case I find it most likely that Arnt Eriksen Grimstad (born abt 1754) was not the son of Erik Jonassen Grimstad as Støver has it (cf. Anne Engmo (2) above), but rather Erik Arntsen Marken (cf. Leif Johannessen (8) above). This person is registered at Finnes (today in Gildeskål) in 1766/69 together with Anders Eriksen, also born at Marken, who ought to be his brother. However, when the late Erik Arntsen's estate is publicly administred in 1754, Arnt is not mentioned among the heirs (Anders is mentioned). The most likely explanation is that the widow was still pregnant with Arnt, i.e. he was not yet born.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Terje Pedersen

It is no doubt that Arnt Eriksen was born at Marken farm in Meloy, the military records of 1809 and 1811 are unison on that point. Arnt was born 1752/53 as he was 1 1/2 years old in May 1754 (probate record after his father). Arnt got a part of Grimstad farm after his father-in-law Mons Eriksen in 1786. The probate record after Arnt and his wife Elen Christophersdatter is of June 1813.Arnts first wife Ane Monsdatter was a daughter of Mons Eriksen who got a part of Grimstad farm in 1750. See also a statment in the court dated December 23, 1786.Elen Christophersdatter was a daughter of Christopher Jonsen Nord-Valla and his wife Elen Michelsdatter, see probate record of September 1802.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Leif Johannessen

Terje has cleared it up for us!In the 1801 census Barbra (Barbro) Mikkelsdatter is at Finnes, 80 years old and widow after 2. marriage. In 1751 and 1752 there are probate records after her father and mother at Marken. Her father is Michel Pedersen and her mother Sophia Andersdatter. Brother is Peder (22 in 1751) and sister Inger.The engagement of Erich Arentsen and Barbra Mikkelsdatter is entered in church book for Rødøy 1739-1750, s 144, down to the right. Lenke

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I wish to thank all of you for your help! After digesting the information, I seem to have several questions. Gildeskal was part of Meloy before 1773? If the church registers for Meloy were with Rodoy, why can't I find the individuals in the various database registers in the Digitalarkivet for Rodoy (exception being the marriage of Erich and Barbro)?I could not find the skite for Arent or Elen in the Skifter i Salten CD. Could you provide the skifte for Arent and Elen (1813) and for Erich Arentsen (1754)?Again, thank-you so much for all of your help!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Leif Johannessen

As far as I have understood, some of the farms in south Gildeskål in certain periods belonged to Rødøy/Meløy in legal matters, but not in ecclesiastic matters.The churchbook for Rødøy/Meløy begins in 1739, but is missing for the period 1750 – 1758.I only have a secondary source for the probate (skifte) in 1754. The contents is: Erich Arentsen (Hovedperson), Barbro Mechelsdatter (Ektefelle); Formynder (guardian) morbror Peder Michelsen, Marchen, Anders Erichsen 4 Sønn, and Anne Erichsdatter 1 ½ Datter.”Anne” seems here to be a misunderstanding for ”Arent”I have found no probate showing the heirs after Arent Eriksen.I have a suspicion that Erik Arentsen was from Storvik, between Finnes and Grimstad, but I’m not quite sure.I will try to paste a picture from the area. If I succeed, you will see Finnes in the middle. Grimstad is hidden by the hill, down to the left. And the shot is taken almost at the old border between Marken in Meløy and Grimstad.

bilete7249.jpg

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Picture looks so idyllic! TAk! At present I am trying to track down the death records for Arent and.or Elen in the church books for Gildeskaal.Could I get the entires for the military records of 1809 and 1811 or a link to see them? Tak for siste!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Olav Helge Angell

Military record Meløy 1809: [Gaardsnavn/farm:] Grimstad [Navn/name:] Arn Erichsen [Aar/age:] 57 [Fødested/place of birth:] Marchen [Forhold/situation:] har pas (holds a passport). Corresponding information in the military record Meløy 1811: Grimstad Arn Erichsen 60 March har pas.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thanks so much for your help!Question - Could the father of Erich Arentsen then be the Arne Erichsen in the following 1701 Census?? 1701-manntalet for Helgeland Grimstad Meløe Rødøe p. 15 Opsidder, Lejlending Arne Erichs. 30 m Opsidder, Lejlending Jonas Arens. 48 m Sønn Erich Jonassen* 10 m Sønn Lars Jonassen* 6 mQuestion for Olav - I am trying to find the birthplace of Hans Hansen born 1788 who in 1812 was living in Øjord, and later moved to Nygård - both in Gildeskål. Would he be on any of the military rolls after 1812? I am wondering if he is the same Hans Hansen who was born at Stöbsæt and in 1811 'ordered out in his majesty's service and is for the time being in Trondheim' (Arent Erichsen's grandaughter was married to the son of Hans Hansen Nygård)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Terje - Could you provide the information in the statement in the court dated December 23, 1786?? Tak!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Leif Johannessen

There is a probate record after Guri Arentsdatter, Storvigen, in 1746, registered in Rødøy, Helgeland. Her husband is Oluf Lauritsen (Ole Larsen). Children are Erich Arentsen and Siri Arentsdatter, obviously from an earlier marriage. This Erich Arentsen could be the father of Arent Erichsen, born 1752/53. Guri’s first husband could well be Arne Erichsen, Grimstad, 30 years old in the 1701 census, but now we are guessing.Støver has Guri as daughter of Arnt Sørensen, Storvik (1653 – 1742) and Ane Petersdatter. He could be right here, although I agree with Olav Helge at # 11.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Olav Helge Angell

With regard to Hans Hansen Øyjord/Nygård, the information provided in the military records (as far as I have checked them) is that his birthplace is 'Salten', which is the name of the part of Nordland county between 'Helgeland' and 'Lofoten' It covers a large area. Gildeskål is part of Salten (the southernmost part of it). It must mean that he is born somewhere further north. The vagueness in the specification of the birthplace may indicate that Hans Hansen is born far away from Gildeskål, like north of Bodø.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Leif Johannessen

I would think that ”Salten” here means ”Salten fjerding”. At least in 1647 'Salten fjerding' seems to be identical with 'Skjerstad prestegjeld' (Skjerstad parish).

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hei - actually it helps my theory for Hans Hansen Nygård's birthplace. Tak Tak!TheoryIn 1801 there was a Hans Hansen living with Karen Danielsdtr Støvset who was the sister of my Hans’ second wife Elisabeth Danielsdtr Sand.Sources: Slektsbok for Skjerstad Vol 1: Støvset (for Karen) 1801 TellingHans father was Hans Ubanussen Tverå and Caren Hansdtr Heimås According to the Slektsbok, Hans was in 1811 'ordered out in his majesty's service and is for the time being in Trondheim' This is confirmed by the skite for Margaret Hansdtr (#2674)In 1812 my Hans worked on Øyjord farm. He met and married the widow Else Fransdtr Ertenvåg in 1812. Her uncle was Anders Olsen (brother of Frans Olsen Ertenvåg – Else’s father) who was in 1801 on the Nygård farm. They then moved and lived at Nygård because her uncle was there.In 1821 Hans Hansen Nygård married Elisabeth Danielsdtr Sand in Skjerstad. She was the sister of Karen Danielsdtr Støvset whom a Hans lived with in 1801. Descrepancy:In the Skifte for Catharine Hansdtr, sister to Karen Hansdtr, the mother of Hans Hansen Støvset, he is listed as living at Støvset and unmarried. If Karen Danielsdtr was still living at Støvset in 1812, he could have stayed with her for a while if Catharine was sick and dying leaving Else at Nygård. If his marriage to Else was not known then he could have been listed as ugift. Or this could be the person’s mistake who took the information down. Or his marriage to Else may have been frowned upon. There is a known discrepancy in a child of Hans and Elisabeth. Born Hans Christian in the birth record, his confirmation and Marriage record says Hans Johan.Problems: even though there is a skifte in 1812 (#8876) and there is a death record for Chaterine Hansdtr in Jan of 1812 in Skjerstad, I cannot seem to find her in the 1801 Census.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Anne Grete Mensen

1801 Census for Bodøen, Mørkved: 'Ole Olssen Husbonde 38 Begge i 1ste egtesk. Gaardmand og fisker and Catrina Hansdtr Hans kone 43 Begge i 1ste egtesk. 'It could be the rigth Chaterine. Mørkved is situated close to Fenes.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.