Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#70880] Peder Jorgensen Klovstad

Gjest Kay F. Jetton
 Del

Gjest Kay F. Jetton

I am searching for the marriage record of Peder Jorgensen Klovstad to Anne Halvorsdtr. Hillestad. I came across a marriage which might be it, but it is very difficult to read. Could someone help? It is on the right hand side of page of link, second entry dated 11 May.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kay F. Jetton

That's what it looks like to me. But what is the woman's name? Anne __________. Could this be the Peder I am looking for, but at the time of his marriage living at Dal? In Sandsvær bygdebok he lived at Vines farm 83/2 (have also seen this written as Winnæs) Am I on the right track?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Tor Kenneth Talmo

Hello! From Sandsvær Bygdebok nr.VI page 482. 'Peder Jørgensen Kløvstad 1720-1774 sold his part at Dal in 1755 to his brother Sjul and moved to Vines.Tor Kenneth

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kay F. Jetton

Thank you Tor!!! So Peder Jorgensen Dal did not marry Anne Halvorsdatter Hillestad until 1748. That could mean Peder was married prior to his marriage to Anne. I did come across a marriage for a Peder Jorgensen to Gurie Torstensdatter. Buskerud county, Sandsvær, Parish register (official) nr. 2 (1725-1809), Marriage records 1744-1745, page 13.LenkeWas Gurie the mother of Jørgen and Torsten? Jørgen was baptized 2 November 1746, with mother's introduction 1 January 1747. However a search for Torsten(or Tosten) in 1747 brought up nothing.I sincerely appreciate all help.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Tor Kenneth Talmo

The 'Bygdebook' tells us that Peder and Anne was the parents of Jørgen (1746) and Torsten (1747)(has to be born out of wedlock). But there is some mistakes in the norwegian bygdebooks... Other children to Peder and Anne; Anne Kathrine b.1754, Margrethe Marie b.1758, Ingeborg Maria b. 1760, Anne Kirstine b.1763. (these four are females)According to the books from Sandsvær was Peder Jørgensen married twice. First to Anne Halvorsdatter Hillestad. Then to Live Pålsdatter Reine in 1771. They got one daughter; Anne Helene borned app. 1771.I haven't have the time to check the church-records yet. But what I have been tellling you is what the 'bygdebook' says. It seems to me that Peder and Anne got two children before they got married... but I might be wrong...I'll try to check it out as soon as possible...Tor Kenneth

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Tor Kenneth Talmo

Hello again!Tosten was baptized 13. January 1747. His father was at that time called Peder Evie (Evju). Peder Jørgensen Dal baptized a son named Jørgen 11. May 1749. This Peder Jørgensen might be the same man that baptized a son named Jørgen in Desember 1746. Then living at Vines... But if it's the same Peder, the first Jørgen (1746) probably died before 1749...Have to check the wedding you found between a Peder Jørgensen and Gurine a bit further. It might be 'our' man. But as I said earlier; the Bygdebook tells us that the first person Peder married was Anne Halvorsdatter from Hillestad in Sandsvær.Tor Kenneth

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kay F. Jetton

Tor,Thanks for the information on the 1749 baptism for Jorgen. If I read it correctly, the witnesses or godparents were: Halvor Hedenstad, Marie ____?, Jorgen Klovstad, Jon Halvorsen, Torbiorn Halvorsen, ____ Hillestad. I believe that this would be the son of Peder and Anne. I am going to check the parish registers to see if I can find a death record for the Jorgen born in 1746.Were there two Peder Jorgensens living in the same area? Seems like this may be the case - one living at Dal and one at Vines. Then the one at Dal moved to Vines which makes this even more confusing!!!!For now I must let this rest as other chores need my attention.Thanks you so much for all your help.Kay

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kay F. Jetton

Tor,I'm back again. I was going through deaths in Sandsvær parish and came across the death of a Jorgen whose father's name was Peder- Efterlot parish - July 1748. Very difficult to read. Hope you can help. About the 22nd entry on right hand side of page. Lenke

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kay F. Jetton

I also found a death for Guri Torstensdatter, but I cannot read all of Peder's name. It is the 18th entry on far right hand side, dated 31 Aug. Lenke

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Tor Kenneth Talmo

About the death i 1748; It seems to me that the father is Peder Eviu. But I hope that other people will check it out.According to the 'Bygdebook' Peder was called Evju (Eviu) in 1747. It might be the same in 1748...About the death of Guri. It seems to me that this Peder is named Peder Jørgensen Lougerud (Laugerud). I don't think this is our man, but I couldn't find any Peder Jørgensen mentioned under Laugerud in the 'Bygdebook'...About the baptism of Jørgen in 1749. The witness or Godparents. Halvor Hedenstad was the father of Anne Halvorsdatter Hillestad. Jon Halvorsen and Torbjørn Halvorsen was two of her brothers.Tor Kenneth

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Bjørg Lunde

Hello Kay and Tor Kenneth. About the death in 1748 - I believe it says 'Dom: 8 p: Trin: Peder Svendss: Hvams søn Jørgen gl. 3 Aar'. Tor Kenneth - do you find a Peder Svendsen at Hvam in Sandsvær bygdebok?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Tor Kenneth Talmo

Yeah! I find a Peder Svendsen living at Hvam. Borned approximately 1702 and dead in 1776. And the 'Bygdebook' says that this man had a son Jørgen, borned in 1745 and dead in 1748... so you are right... It's his son that been buried in 1748.It's gone a few years since I last read the churchbooks from Sandsvær. Not 'familiar' with the script anymore... Do you agree in Laugerud, Bjørg, according to the question about Guri.(se innlegg 11)Tor Kenneth

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Bjørg Lunde

Yes, I also read it as Peder Jørgenss. Lougrud. I don't know if this is the Peder Jørgensen you are looking for.Kay, I have a list of workers in Kongsberg silver mines from 1732, and there I found a Peer (Peder) Jørgensen Kløfstad, 12 years old, from Sandsvær. He lived with his parents who were farmers. He worked as 'slemmer' (washing the ore before it is melted) at the 'Nedre Gabe Gottes' mine and he had been doing this for a year. The children had to start working very young in those days, helping the family with money. I believe this could be your Peder Jørgensen.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kay F. Jetton

Tor and Bjørg, Thank you so much for all your help. This certainly helps to clear up things. I tried to send a response yesterday, but the internet was having problems and it would not send.Yes I think Peder Jørgensen Kløfstad is the young man I need. I guess his parents resided on Kløfstad farm? I have his parents as Jørgen Toresen Kløvstad and Anne Torstensdatter Teigen. Hopefully that is correct and if not someone will let me know.I have come to the conclusion that Torsten Pedersen, b. 1746 was not a son of Peder Jørgensen and Anne Halvorsdatter. I believe their children were: Jørgen, b. 1749; Halvor, b. 1751; Anne Katrine, b. 1754 (I am descended from her); Margrethe Marie, b. 1758; Ingeborg Marie, b. 1760 and Anne Kirstine, b. 1763. Was there another son named Sivert, baptized 15 Dec 1765? [url="http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=8577&idx_id=8577&uid=ny&idx_side=-225>Lenke right hand side of page; and a daughter Guri Margrethe, bap 11 Nov 1753

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.