Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#70885] More Postcards - another contortion translation.

Gjest Rob Hansen
 Del

Gjest Rob Hansen

Can someone please translate these postcards - they are written round corners and not particularly good to read.They follow on from the last postcards posted about a week ago.Rob.

bilete7259.jpg

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Bodil Bjarkø

A quick attempt: Card 2 from top: Dear Olivia. I arrived here yesterday and i have had ..... on the whole trip I haven't been seasick in the least so we had ..... dancing eating and singing so you can imagine we haven't had a bad (sad,boring) time.Aunt came for me at the station with horse and carriage and you can imagine here is ------. (great?) Uncle has 12 horses and upwards of 40 cows and calves so you can imagine it is a big farm he has. I will write soon a letter. Regards, your KristineCard 3: Thanks for the map I got from you. I live 'very good' and you can imagine we have good weather here. it was never this warm in Norway as here. I went for a ride in an automobile yesterday (evening) you can imagine it was----. Regards, KristineOn the card with the ship:The ship I came on. You must greet Bernhard when you see him and 'all aquantances'.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Grete Jøraas

Card with mountain/houses/water: Thank you so much for sending me greetings in your letter to mammy (?). I'm still waiting for you to send me a letter, because I expect you to be the one to write a letter first since there was no words for me in the one to mammy

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Susanne Herringstad

Card with steamship: The ship I travelled on.Say hello to Bernhard from me if you see him and to all I know.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Susanne Herringstad

Card with steamship: The ship I travelled on.Say hello to Bernhard from me if you see him and to all I know.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Remi Pedersen

In the first card in (2), the one from Breivold written by Hulda, the first sentence is in norwegian: ' Hjertelig tak for huen jeg fik fra dig.' Which translates in to english: 'Thank you very much for the woolly hat I got from you.'The rest that Grete writes in (5) is correct.Remi

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Rob Hansen

Thanks Remi. What about the one with the British digitaries - what does that say. Even if you can write down the norwegian that helpsRob.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Litta Olsen

(8) no.1:...... den 19 augustDear Olivia. Thank you for the postcard that I have received. I am pleased to see that you haven't forgotten me. I live well and hope the same for you - look at the two on the picture - they have a good time in their way. Something new is not to be told - everything is as usual - you are greeted from me. M. Hal..... (and to the right: ) Greetings from Ingeborg.No.3: Dear aunt LInda!! A thousand thanks for what you sent us, you must know that Borghild was very happy for her boots. We live as usual - ......... next week I will go on a trip to the place you know I talked about. (Below image): I have waited for a letter from you for so long, but it looks as if I will not get any. You have to send me a few words soon. The first................ greetings from me and all. Borghild greets aunt Linda.That was the best I could do. Perhaps others can fill in the missing parts! The language becomes a little weird, but I prefer to be a little exact about the text and not change it too much.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ron Berg-Iverson

Rob, the postcard with the dignitaries could be King Haakon and Queen Maud greeting guests at a state occasion. Haakon was a tall man and the attire worn by the men was common in Denmark and Norway as well as England.It is not a photo but an artists rendition. Ron

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Arne B. Kristiansen

I presume the picture with King Haakon is taken when he came to Norway for the first time, 25. November 1905 at Hovedpaviljongen på Vippetangen in Oslo. You can see the young crownprince Olav held by a man behind his father....

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Rob Hansen

To take your answers in order Thankyou so much Litta for wading through the funny language. It's not very easy and is making native speakers grimace.Litta Olsen, Bergen, 17.7.2009 21:15 (14) (8) no.1: ...... den 19 augustDear Olivia. Thank you for the postcard that I have received. I am pleased to see that you haven't forgotten me. I live well and hope the same for you - look at the two on the picture - they have a good time in their way. Something new is not to be told - everything is as usual - you are greeted from me. M. Hal..... (and to the right: ) Greetings from Ingeborg.No.3: Dear aunt LInda!! A thousand thanks for what you sent us, you must know that Borghild was very happy for her boots. We live as usual - ......... next week I will go on a trip to the place you know I talked about. (Below image): I have waited for a letter from you for so long, but it looks as if I will not get any. You have to send me a few words soon. The first................ greetings from me and all. Borghild greets aunt Linda.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------Hi Ron, its a fabulous postcard which gives a good idea of what is going on. Do you know where the pavillion was?? Ron Berg-Iverson, Surrey,British Columbia,Canada, 17.7.2009 21:23 (15) Rob, the postcard with the dignitaries could be King Haakon and Queen Maud greeting guests at a state occasion. Haakon was a tall man and the attire worn by the men was common in Denmark and Norway as well as England.It is not a photo but an artists rendition. Ron --------------------------------------------------------------------------------Hi Arne,Are you Cecilie's uncle?? I thought you lived in Ibestad not Oslo.Best Regards to Litta, Ron and Arne,Rob. Arne B. Kristiansen, Oslo, 17.7.2009 21:37 (16) I presume the picture with King Haakon is taken when he came to Norway for the first time, 25. November 1905 at Hovedpaviljongen på Vippetangen in Oslo. You can see the young crownprince Olav held by a man behind his father....

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Arne B. Kristiansen

I am not Cecilie´s uncle, just a helping hand when needed.The reason why I presume the picture is from 1905 is espescially the likness of crownprince Olav held by his father when he abord the ship. It is a famous picture... He was then 2 years old...

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.