Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#71472] Ships Leaving from Porsgrund to America ca 1870

Gjest Carla J. Tweeton
 Del

Gjest Carla J. Tweeton

Does anyone know if any passenger lists are in existence of persons leaving for America from Porsgrund? My great grandparents left on the Laurdal in 1870. I have the ship's list when they arrived in Canada but my gt. gt. grandmother is not listed on that list. It seems strange that she did not come with her children. And she is not listed on the departing lists of Hedenstad Church in Sandsvaer that I can find.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Carla J. Tweeton

My gt. grandparents were:Hans Kittilsen Bustul Berthe Katrine Amundsdatter and childrenChristian Sophie and Marie (Ragnhild)The mother of Hans did come to America and her name was Sara Hansdatter Oienmoen. She is the one I can't find on a list - she was about 70 years old, widow of Kittil Olsen. Her death certificate in MN states she came to America in June of 1870 which correlates with Hans and Berthe. I think I just have a mystery ....thanks for the help!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kristinn Hegna

Carla,This may be a shot in the dark... From the passenger list in (3) we find that two maids are listed right below your family. They are also from Sandsvær. One of them is Sara Hansen... Could it be that this is your great great grandmother - with the age wrong? She should have been listed as a widow of course. Or two people may have been mixed...? Perhaps a look at the original list might help?Just a thoughtK

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kristinn Hegna

Actually, there are two things that may support this theory.1. There is only one Sara Hansdatter in the FT1865 Sandsvær, and that is your gt gt grandmother [url="http://digitalarkivet.uib.no/cgi-win/webcens.exe?slag=visbase&sidenr=3&filnamn=f60629&gardpostnr=354&personpostnr=1896&merk=1896#ovre>Lenke2. If you look at the list of 'utflyttede' in the parish records for Sandsvær, one 'pige Helene Sophie Anunsdatter Aaseid, 22 1/2 years' moved to the US with the family. Birthe's sister perhaps? Sandsvær, Ministerialbok nr. 7 (1869-1877), Inn- og utflyttede 1870, side 374. Permanent sidelenke:

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Carla J. Tweeton

Kristinn,I have had the same thoughts when I looked at the records. I have a copy of the original ship's list and it is the same as the transcribed list but I will check again. Helene Sophie Anunsdatter was Birthe's sister. Hans only had one brother and he came to America b/4 his wife. His name was Ole Kittilsen (Bustul). Sara did not come with him. I noticed that Sara was the only Sara, too!! Carla

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.