Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#71608] re George Anderson

Gjest Julie Leigh
 Del

Gjest Julie Leigh

Trying to find the family of George (Georg?)Anderson, born in Norway on 23rd November 1892. Birthplace in Norway unknown. Brought to England when he was 6? or 7? years old. Adopted by Duncan and Jessie McInnes in Stirling Scotland. Shown as 8 years old on the Scottish Census for 1901 with them.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Inger Eik

Have you tried the adoption authorities in Stirling? I find 10 boys by the name Georg Anderson/Andersen in the Norwegian census of 1900, and it could be just any of those, unless, of course, he was brought to England before that.I think your best bet will be to get hold of the adoption papers and see what they say.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Leif Biberg Kristensen

He may quite possibly have been called Jørgen in Norway, in which case you're really looking for a needle in a haystack.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Johan Arthur Hansen

I don't believe he is in the Norwegian 1900 census. The boy arrived England in 1898/1899. Johan Arthur Hansen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Julie Leigh

Thank you Inger. Sadly there aren't any adoption records in the UK before the 1930s. I have tried to find any religious or charitable organisations that might have been involved but with no success. I certainly hope that he wasn't called Jorgen, Leif !

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Julie Leigh

Thank you all for your help. Can you please tell me which Norwegian digitised source you think would be most useful to search? What about the emigrants registers? Are there many gaps in them?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.