Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#71632] Schjoth and Singdahlsen families, 1830s, 1840s

Gjest Frank McGuire
 Del

Gjest Frank McGuire

I am trying to establish possible relationship with these families, and as a result I need some help with some translations. Could someone please tell me the translation of the words before and after the name Jens Jacob Natvig, and after his father Christopher Natvig's name, in Aust Agder Froland marriage 14th march 1842, page 160, item 4, at this link. Lenke

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Frank McGuire

Thanks for that very quick reply and for the information. Whilst the names in the church reords are written fairly clearly, I find that the other information such as occupation, is very difficult to read some of the letters, and often if I can, the words are not in the on-line Norwegian-English disctionaries. I have another similar request, for Oslo, Domkirken, marriage 30th August 1836, page 400, item 82, for the words beteen the names Erich Theodor Schjoth and Olava Sophie Wyller, as per the attached link. Could you please also tell me the actual Norwegian words as well as the English translation. Lenke

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Eva Tomter

Erik Theodor Schjøth ungkar, borger og kjøpmann og frøken Olava Sophie Wyller Han er født i Laurvig ..? ..? ..? Hun er født her i menigheten, 28 år 19 år. Erik Theodor Schjøth bachelor, citizen og merchant and miss Olava Sophie Wyller. He is born in Laurvig ..? ..? ..? she is born in this parish. 28 years 19 years.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Frank McGuire

Thank you again.I would appreciate one more. It is in Aust Agder Arendal marriages Page 177, item 7, 21st April 1846. The word before Johan Severin Johnsen. My interpretation is that it is 'hensman', but I cant find that in a dictionary. Could you please tell me what the word is and what is the translation. Lenke

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Inger Falch-Jacobsen

Hi Frank, the word is 'Lensmand' - modern spelling lensmann - means bailiff. Lensmann is the rural equivalent to the urban politi - police.I just got your mail - trying to compose a reply!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.