Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#71696] Mathias Pederson f.1881i Vannylven, MogR. d.i Minnesota 1921

Gjest Mariann Stokken
 Del

Gjest Taryn Flolid

The Emigration from Bergen shows this:Bergen 1468 1907 April 25 Mathias Pettersen Tørlen m ug Gårdsarb 1881 26 Vannelven Vannelven Amk?Donnelli Minn Nei a (bedre fortj) Farmarb Fripas af 13/4 1907 Canadian PacificThe correct spelling of the place he is going is Donnelly, Minnesota.There are two places in Minnesota Called Donnelly, one is a rural area, called a township, in Marshall county, but the other one is a village/town, in Stevens county, just a little Northwest from the bigger town of Morris, Minnseota. I think that might be more likely.I found a Mathias Pederson, born about 1882, from Norway, living in Otter Tail county, on the 1920 census. I can see the census on familysearch.orgThe person I found is an inmate at the Fergus Falls State Hospital in Fergus Falls, MN. That hospital was for people with a variety of problems, and a couple of members of my family were there over time. My great grandmother died there in the 1940's, although today I'm sure she would have been diagnosed with Alzheimers. Other family members were there for what today would be treated as depression, and therapy and medication could have helped it. But back then there was no such help.I also found what seems like the same Mathias Pederson, dying in Otter Tail county, Minnesota, in 1921.PEDERSON #2, MATHIAS Date of Birth: na Place of Birth: na Mother Maiden Name: na certid# 1921-MN-009818 Date of Death: 09 Apr 1921 County of Death: OTTER TAILThe death certificate is available from the Minnesota History center for a fee - look at this website. [url="http://people.mnhs.org/dci/Search.cfm>http://people.mnhs.org/dci/Search.cfm Otter Tail county is not that far from Donnelly, Minnesota in Stevens county. Both are in the west central part of the state.The Otter Tail county historical society is quite a good one, from what I've heard. Here is their contact information: OTTER TAIL COUNTY HISTORICAL SOCIETY 1110 West Lincoln Fergus Falls, MN 56537 Telephone:218-736-6038 Fax: 218-739-3075 otchs.prtel.com Director: Chris Schuelke www.otchs.org Hours: 9 to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday; 1 to 4 p.m. Saturday and 1 to 4 p.m. Sunday (June through August)Here is the Otter Tail County query board:LenkeHere is an Otter Tail genealogy home page: http://www.jsenterprises.com/ottertail/index.htmIf this is your Mathias, I wonder who he was going to Donnelly to work for? Who sponsored him with a job offer. A relative maybe.I wonder where he was on the 1910 census?If your Mathias did die there, I think there is a cemetery: State Hospital Cemetery Fergus Falls Township-Section 27 Otter Tail County, MinnesotaThere is a lookups volunteer who might be able to help you

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Mariann Stokken

Thank you Taryn, but I think you have misunderstood.I`m not looking for help about this Mathias, I wanted to _give_ help :-)I tried to help a woman here in the debate Lenke gaustad&nr=20&antinnlegg=19&startnr=&antall=&spraak=n#anker to locate her Grandfathers brother.I thought this Mathias could be the right one, but when I received the Deathrecord, I saw that it was wrong. But I thought that maybe someone else was looking for this man, and now I have info for them.Maybe you can help Ruth to locate her relative?If you need a translation to eglish, I can help, not very good in english, but I hope understandable :-))Kind regards from Mariann.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.