Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#71714] 1891 Oslo Census -- Info for Gruners Gate 13

Gjest Gary Eerkes
 Del

Gjest Gary Eerkes

My wife's great-grandfather, Peder Johannes Olsen, b: 3 Nov 1863, was living at Gruners Gate 13 in Nov 1890. I wish to determine whether he was still living at this address in 1891 and if so, who he was living with. Can anyone help me to obtain this information from the 1891 Oslo census?Thank you for reading my entry.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Gary Eerkes

Thank you for taking interest in my entry. I was aware of the 1890 birth, 1900 census entry and 1902 emigration to Minnesota. These entries are also consistent with information that has been passed down in my wife's family. What we did not know until we found the birth/baptism record of Ingeborg Lovise Olsen is who Ingeborg's mother was. We now know that the mother was Anna Lovise Lorentsen, b: 1868. We know her name and birth year but nothing else.Ingeborg was raised by Peder Johannes Olsen's parents (Ole and Anne Martha Ols.). See Lenke Since we do not know anything about Anna Lovise Lorentsen I am interested in the 1891 Oslo census information for Gruners Gate 13. This is where Peder lived when Ingeborg was born. I wish to determine if Peder was living with Anna and Ingeborg at this address in 1891. This would at least indicate that they all lived together for a few months before going their separate ways.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest erling t. endresen

I see. I will try to search more for her mother. Anyway, here she is examined in her christianity knowledge in the church Katholsk-Apostolske society, which the family belonged to.Maybe you gave seen this already (number 72 in 1905)Permanent sidelenke: [url="http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=2881&idx_id=2881&uid=ny&idx_side=-101>Lenke Permanent bildelenke:

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest erling t. endresen

I find one possible candidate: Anna marie Lovise Lorentzen born 1859 (not 1868, but mistakes like this is not uncommon from time to time).This is what I found on this girl:in 1865: [url="http://digitalarkivet.no/cgi-win/webcens.exe?slag=visbase&sidenr=8&filnamn=f60301&gardpostnr=878&personpostnr=24821&merk=24821#ovre>Lenkein 1885 she had a boy, her first without being married, and he died 1886: nr. 3, Jacob Ferdinand Eugen Permanent sidelenke: Lenke Permanent bildelenke: Lenkedied in august the same year: nr. 92 Permanent sidelenke: Lenke Permanent bildelenke: LenkeThen she maybe had the child Ingeborg Lovise in 1890? Who for some reason grew up with her fathers parents, and vith confirmation in Kath.Ap. church is the mother not even mentioned.Thyern she married outside the church, 18. of Sept. 1897, spouse Simon Christian Hammer, and they had a daughter Gudrun 1898, badt. 1999, Trefoldighet, Oslo. Parents are now separated, and mother is living with her parents. nr. 151 Permanent sidelenke: Lenke Permanent bildelenke: LenkeAnna Marie Lovise Lorentsen left the Church for marriage, and she became a member again in 1899, which her father had asked for. nr. 8 Permanent sidelenke: Lenke Permanent bildelenke: LenkeIn 1900, with his father, a widower LenkeGudruns father lived also with his mother, a widow, in 1900, seperated (S)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Gary Eerkes

I am very impressed with all the information you have found. I agree that your Anna Marie Lovise Lorentzen might be Ingeborg's mother. My only reservation is the 9 year birth year difference. This brings me back to my original question about the 1891 Oslo census. This census was taken on January 1 which is only 6 weeks after Ingeborg was born. If Peder, Ingeborg and the mother were living together at Gruners Gate 13, the 1891 census data will give a second independent record of the mother's birth year. This would confirm one way or another whether your Anna Marie Lovise Lorentzen is Ingeborg's mother. Ingeborg's birth record only lists one address for the parents so hopefully they were living together.What are the options for accessing the 1891 Oslo census?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest erling t. endresen

(Grünersgate / Grynersgate)Well, you could make a request to Oslo Byarkiv and ask... maybe they could be helpful?postmottak.byarkivet@kul.oslo.kommune.no

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kristian Hunskaar

The 1891-census is not kept by Byarkivet (The city archive). You should contact the Norwegian National Archive.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 2 uker senere...
Gjest Gary Eerkes

Below is the response I received from the Norwegian National Archive. Although the Anna Lovise Nordby's given name is the same I have confirmed that this is not the Anna Lovise Lorentsen I am looking for. I located the birth record for the daughter referred to in the below response at Lenke Their daughter has a different birth date and given name.Now for the response I received from NNA.1891 census for Oslo - Grünersgate 13We refer to your letter in which you ask us to find Peder Johannes Olsen, Anna Lovise Lorentsen, and their daughter Ingeborg Lovise in the 1891 census.We have looked through the whole census for Grünersgate 13, but could not find anyone with the names mentioned above. There is, however, one Anna Lovise Nordby born 1867 in Wärmland, Sweden, married to Johan Christophersen Nordby also born 1867. They had a daughter born in November 1890, but she had not yet been baptised and therefore no name is listed in the census. Yours sincerely, Patricia Haeck, by authority Adviser

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.