Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#71807] Need interpretation.

Gjest Gene Nelson
 Del

Gjest Egil Glørud

Marit: cannot read the full farm name, but it looks like ending with '**sta bakken'. Maybe something like Vixta-bakken? The same farm name found in the line above, rel. to a christening witness at Folvigen (Følviken). A nabour farm is Wigen (Vikan). But I don't think this is a Marit Torkilsdtr. from Reberg.Publ. abolv. (publ. confession), 1746: This looks quite grave. I think it may be read as: 'Torchil Reberge and Wife (Qvinde) for child molestation' .. ? The sin they had to publicly confess in church looks like: BARN- (but should have been spelled 'børne-') SKADE (molestation). Did they have to publicly confess responsibility for serious harm to one of their children ... ? I thought that public confession in church was used for sins acc. to 'church' law - like child birth outside of wedlock and absence from communion - not for civil, criminal offenses.Egil

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Egil Glørud

Hadn't seen Ivar's reply before I started writing - and 'researching' for - my last reply.I agree that Vipstabakken is a likely interpretation. But is that a place name found in Stjørdal?Egil

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ivar S. Ertesvåg

(27): There is a farm name written Vifstad in the farm registry 1886, and according to 'Norske Gaardnavne', written forms with a -p- were used in the 17th and 18th centuries. This is in Skatval, which was a sub-parish to Stjørdal.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ivar S. Ertesvåg

(26): It is hard to say what kind of sin that had to be confessed in this case, except that it is related to a child. A possibility (which is explicitely stated in the law) is that they delayed the christening of the child and the child died before being christened. However, there are quite a few other possibilities.There was not a clear distinction between 'state' and 'church' law. Childbirth out of wedlock and absence from communion were against the law of the king, and killing someone is against the teaching of the church.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.