Arkivverket
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Gary Eerkes

[#72064] Oslo 1890 Rikshospitalet Birth/Baptism Record -- Need Help Unknown Code

Guest Gary Eerkes

My wife's grandmother, Ingeborg Lovise Olsen, was born at Rikshospitalet on Nov 18, 1890 (see Lenke ) This record has a coded date '18.7.03s' in the far left-hand column. What does this date signify? Since this date and similar entries for other records are for dates when the child is 12-15 years old I assume that the entry is related to a child's confirmation. Is it true that this entry signifies that someone verified the child's baptism? If this is correct, then does the letter code 's', 'M', 'v', 'F', ... indicate a parish? In particular, does anyone know what the 's' in my wife's grandmother's entry signifies?

Guest Lars Ove Wangensteen

I believe the code is the date when a verification on the child's birth date was written. It was often done in connection with confirmation, marriage, or emigration

Sign in to follow this